Complaint Review: World Financial Group

• Submitted: Mon, May 11, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:Arcadia California
World Financial Group
3350 E Birch St., Suite 200 Brea, California U.S.A.

World Financial Group World Financial Group - Multi Level Marketing Scam Brea California

*Consumer Suggestion: That's pretty fishy.

*Consumer Suggestion: It's not for everyone

Went to the initial seminar or orientation (whatever they call it) this afternoon, after an "interview" invitation. Came to the location (suite 200), saw a bunch of other people waiting outside the door for the same "interview", I already suspected there was something suspecious about this company. Eventually everbody was allowed to get in, and a tie was provided to borrow for those who doesn't wear tie. A 15 minutes video orientation was played for us to watch. Then brief introduction of the company by the company member and managers. Than came the catch, pay $100 right away for the "commitment" fee, or find "jobs" somewhere else. They don't take any questions, when you ask questions such " how do we get paid?" or "what is the compensation structure?", they said we don't have time for questions, we need people who are serious and commited to pay in advance, there are more people outside are waiting for the next interview. What a joke. Everyone left the office pissed off.

Ed
Arcadia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2009 11:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Financial-Group/Brea-California-92821/World-Financial-Group-World-Financial-Group-Multi-Level-Marketing-Scam-Brea-California-450909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Financial Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

That's pretty fishy.

AUTHOR: The Objective Eye - (Canada)

"Name ONE business where the new guy, at the bottom, makes more than the guy at the top, the boss."

Sidney Crosby makes way more than the owners of the Pittsburgh Penguins. And I can easily name thousands of more examples to rebut your statement.

You've got to admit the original poster's post sounds really sketchy. Now when I was recruited by WFG, they walked me through everything front to back. A few months later, I realized that the people in my office were pretty clueless when it came to treating people like *gasp* people. But they had never been that blantantly misleading. (I think I spelled blantantly wrong. I think I did it again!)

#2 Consumer Suggestion

It's not for everyone

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I have my own successful business, a real estate company. We do at least $300,000 a year in business. It's hard work. If you work at a regular job...THAT is technically a pyramid scheme. The Top Level People make the money, the people at the bottom make very little. Luckily, I'm the boss, I make the money, my workers make less, for more hard work. That business. Name ONE business where the new guy, at the bottom, makes more than the guy at the top, the boss. Everything is a pyramid. WFG is a highly regarded company in the industry. Call Franklin Templeton Inc. yourself (one of the largest financial companies)...or Transamerica.