Complaint Review: World Financial Group

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
World Financial Group
El Segundo, California U.S.A.

World Financial Group It's All A Scam Their associates are their customers El Segundo, California

It is all a scam and I wish I would have read this blog before I went in.
Though I never applied for a position with WFG, I was called for an interview. I was told that an associate going through training with them had said good things about me and they were excited to have me as an employee. So i go to there office for an interview.

Only to find out that it was not an interview per say. The "associate" quickly began to talk highly about the company and was talking all over the place about what WFG did, without real explainations of what the company actually does. As i kept my hopes up high about earning real money, i soon began to be suspisous. I couldnt say no to the associate about my background so i gave $100 for it. I was then told that I would have to attend "mandatory" meetings because the field was growing and changing everyday and the meetings were to keep up with the fast growing company. I had to return a couple days later for a follow up interview, and this when I knew it was all a scam.

At my follow up "interview" i met with the Branch office supervisor. I was going through a brief training and was going to see what the company actually did. I soon found myself trying to be sold what the company sold. I caught on that the associates, which are employees of WFG, are WFG's customers too. I was being sold VA's and VUL's and all sounded as great investments. My gut told me to decline them and I did. I told the branch scammer that I wanted to do my own research before going through with it. And he was very unpleased. I found out why WFG "LOVES" to sell these specific policy's. The salesperson makes more money off of these investments. Even after they sell a policy the salesperson makes a higher intrest a year on the policy than the consumer. The VA's and VUL's have such high rates and they increase each year. They put innocent families into bigger and deeper financial holes. Please do not purchase anything from this company until you have made your research and decided that is the best choice for you and your family.

But the icing on the cake was, when i provided the Company with three references at my first interview, and I came to find out that WFG called them after I left their company to recruit my references. I am so unpleased and "ASHAMED" to have fallen for this scam. At least I left with only $100 less.

Anonymous
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2008 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Financial-Group/El-Segundo-California/World-Financial-Group-Its-All-A-Scam-Their-associates-are-their-customers-El-Segundo-Cal-311216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Financial Group