• Report: #320823

• Submitted: Tue, March 25, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:Winnetka California
World Financial Group
8550 Balboa Blvd; Suite 216 Northridge, California U.S.A.

World Financial Group What is the product? They sell you an application Northridge California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Avoid the Northridge office...

Just the facts:
1. I am an American Citizen seeking a JOB. That is where time is traded for money. That is called employment for wages.

2. I was at another company for a JOB interview. the person that interviewed me called me the next day to let me know that there is a part-time JOB openinng at World Financial Group in Northridge and to make an appointment with a certain person.

3. I followed the instructions and was at the "interview" (resume in hand) fifteen minutes before the appointed time. The interview proceeded for over an hour

4. I was told that I had to submit to a "Background check" that would cost $100. I paid this and received the call the next day that I passed. I was sold a book for $7 that laid out what they do. I was told that I had to find people to bring to meetings.

Where and what are the financial products? What are they really selling? This is another scheme where those who are willing are parted with their money. The TOP gets the money. The bottom feeds the top. Call it what you may for LEGAL purposes: It is another SCAM.

See d**k and Jane go to World Financial. See d**k and Jane be scammed. Tell d**k and Jane that they should run away very fast. Let d**k and Jane know they should tell others. The California Employment Development Department advises us to NOT pay for any employment or other such "Opportunity". I got scammed and am telling.

American citizen
Winnetka, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Financial-Group/Northridge-California-91325/World-Financial-Group-What-is-the-product-They-sell-you-an-application-Northridge-Califor-320823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Financial Group

AUTHOR: Dub - (U.S.A.)

World financial Group is not a scam. My wife has been working there for about a year now, and myself, I have been there for a month and a half. World financial Group gives a free service. They have a proven system that works for both the families that sign up for life insurance or other products that are available, and the people that work for World financial Group. Me personally joined because I wanted to support my wife in her work. But it is not for everyone. It is for self driven people who want to become a leader and a business owner. Do they ask for your referrals YES, is your referrals the only business that will go through you NO, it is up to you to prospect people who are of like mind as you are and up to you to prospect people who want to A) help people and B) make money. Most of the people who fill out these ripoff reports about this company are people that have not put in the time and the effort to understand how World Financial Group works. and once again IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Avoid the Northridge office...

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

American Citizen. I am glad you got out of this company. I am hoping more people like us will come out and talk about our experiences at the Northridge location.

They people at that office give me the creeps. I wish I wasn't so desperate for a job that I put down my hard earn money for a background check and classes.

They DO NOT do criminal background checks! I'd be careful, most likely you are working with felons.

Most importantly, trust your instincts. The associates here will play games with you. They'll ask you to give you a list 25 friends and families. Each associate will call your friends and either offer them a job/services or let your friend/family that this is a reference check. Don't let them fool you, the bottom line they want your family and friends as clients!