Complaint Review: World Financial Network National Bank - Victoria's Secret Angel Card / Credit Protector Scam

• Submitted: Fri, June 26, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 26, 2009

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
WFNNB - Victoria's Secret, P.O. Box 182273 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

World Financial Network National Bank - Victoria's Secret Angel Card / Credit Protector Angel's Card Misleading Credit Protector Membership Scam Columbus Ohio

When activating the WFNNB Angel Card, the agent offered $20 Victoria's Secret gift card for trying the no-risk Credit Protector free trial for 30-days.

6 weeks later, a $12.99 charge from Credit Protector showed up and I didn't recall receiving a VS gift card with free credit report etc. that was promised. Since I didn't have any material to work from, trying to cancel that phantom membership was very difficult. To help others in the same boat, here's what I've learned:

1. In order to reach an agent for the VS Angel Card at WFNNB, call 800.695.9478
- After selecting '1' for English, then '2' for Credit Card query, do NOT enter any more prompts (e.g. last 4-digit of SSN) on the phone and wait for it to eventually transfer to an agent.

2. The Credit Protector phone number is 866.802.7621, website: www.myidentityprotector.com

The WFNNB agent who signed me up for this free trial gave me some misleading information. The Credit Protector packet was apparently sent to me in a typical non-descript junk mail envelope WITHOUT the $20 VS Gift Card the agent said I would receive, nor any hint of it being related to Victoria's Secret or Angel Card to identify it as something I had signed up for. Since it came with all other junk mail asking you to sign up for all kinds of services, I think I probably discarded it as such.

After talking to a Credit Protector agent, I found out I was supposed to REGISTER at least 1 Credit Card Number (e.g. the Angel Card) in order to receive the $20 gift card, but meanwhile the clock is ticking and they start charging you even though you didn't realize the service has started. They didn't even have my SSN, DoB or any personal identification information - except my name, address and Angel Card number to charge to!

They told me they will always reverse the charge of the last month charged. So I should be able to get my June/2009 charge credited back.

Sandra
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2009 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Financial-Network-National-Bank-Victorias-Secret-Angel-Card-Credit-Protector-Scam/Columbus-Ohio-43218/World-Financial-Network-National-Bank-Victorias-Secret-Angel-Card-Credit-Protector-An-465226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Financial Network National Bank - Victoria's Secret Angel Card / Credit Protector Scam