Complaint Review: World Financial Network (National) Bank

• Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: Cathy — Chesapeake Virginia United States of America
World Financial Network (National) Bank
4590 East Broad Street Columbus, Ohio United States of America

World Financial Network -National- Bank METROSYTLE world financial network national bank metrostyple Columbus , Ohio

I was contacted via mail for potential security concerns and/or irregular credit card transactions for World Financial Network National Bank aka METROSTYLE credit card in which I did not apply for or request.

I contacted them and gave them of the account number noted on the letter and advised I did not apply or request credit card from METROSTYLE.  The initial operator who answered the call would not talk to me unless I gave her my full address, date of birth and social security number.  I advise her I did not request or apply for this credit card and I have a lock down on my identity due identity theft and all credit agencies are suppose to contact me prior to any credit establishment. Furthermore,  I did not feel comfortable with giving this information out over the telephone
especially since I did not open an account with them.  It was at this point the operator turned rude and stated she would not do anything unless I verified the information she already had (ie: address, date of birth and social security number) on file for me.  Trying to under her position I verified my full mailing address again, this seemed to infuriate her since I
did not disclose my date of birth or social security number.

Realizing we were going nowhere I requested a supervisor and she reluctantly passed me to a supervisor.  I advised him of my concerns with giving out date of birth as well as social security in which I was greeted with the same attitude and was advised if I did not give the information requested it would have a negative impact on my credit.  At that point, I tried to gain information about this company and I was told to go the internet and look it up. So, again, I stated I did not request or apply for this credit card and I have a lock down on my identity due identity theft and all credit agencies are supposed to contact me prior to any credit establishment. Again, I was told I need to pull a copy of my credit report because it would have a negative impact on my credit rating.  It was at this time he suggested I could mail him a letter to a PO Box with the information in order to close the account and I advised him I would do thisHowever after careful consideration;

I decided to contact the BBB and file a complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2012 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Financial-Network-National-Bank/Columbus-Ohio-/World-Financial-Network-National-Bank-METROSYTLE-world-financial-network-national-bank-m-889855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Financial Network (National) Bank