Complaint Review: World Financial Network National Bank

• Submitted: Tue, May 12, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 12, 2009

• Reported By:Manchester New Hampshire
World Financial Network National Bank
PO Box 182782 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

World Financial Network National Bank - Victoria Secret Angel Credit Card ILLEGAL BILLING PRACTICES. They charge me $60.00 in late fees for a balance that I paid off in 02/09 and sent to collection (WFNNB). The bank calls my cell phone once on the hour every day. They won't listen to what you have to say and keep repeating how much you owe... They are extorting money for something you had no control over. Columbus Ohio

In 12/08 I made a purchase at Victoria Secret for $40.00 and they said if I signed up for their credit card I would get a $25.00 gift certificate in mail. I received an email in February saying I was late so I called and paid off the balance $40.00. He said he would waive the late fee. I thought I was done with it. In May of 09, I received a statement saying I owed $81.36. In the meantime, I noticed I was getting phone calls from 303-255-5145 614-729-6035 (nonstop to my cellphone). I called Victoria Secret and they said they were sending me emails (which I never received) and then sent my bill to collections (World Financial Network National Bank) 90 days past due (also on my credit report). I said I paid the balance in full and they said there was a $6.99 balance after that and because I didn't pay it, they charged me $20.00 for Feb, Mar, Apr, May bringing a balance to $81.36. When I complained that it was illegal what they were doing, they said we sent the emails if you didn't receive it that's not our problem. She offered to bring the charges down to $61.36 and call the credit bureau to have it taken off the report, but only if I paid the $61.36. Is this legal? I've never seen anything like this. So for a purchase of $40.00 I ended up spending $61.36 in addition for something that I had no control over nor was aware of. That is just WRONG.

Manchester, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2009 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Financial-Network-National-Bank/Columbus-Ohio-43218-2782/World-Financial-Network-National-Bank-Victoria-Secret-Angel-Credit-Card-ILLEGAL-BILLING-451194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Financial Network National Bank