Complaint Review: World Gym

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: dawnbird — Idaho Falls Idaho United States of America
World Gym
640 Plaza Drive, Suite e300 Highland Ranch, Colorado United States of America

World Gym ASF International Completed contract in 2006 and suddenly get a collection bill saying I never ended my contract and owe them! Highland Ranch, Colorado

I was a member of World Gym several years ago and completed my contract around 2006 after a year. I have had absolutely no form of contact with them after that time. I had to formally contact ASF to end my contract 30 days before it ended (or it would be extended). I am now being contacted by a collection company out of Utah which claims I owe them over $1,000 because I did not end my contract.

First of all, all drafts stopped coming out of my account and I received no letters or phone calls since that time. It is 2013! I have searched the laws and they are clearly outside their statute of limitations. I am shocked! I left on good terms and was actually pleased with my overall experience. How can they go after me for this now and how do I prove that I cancelled it?

I have sent letters stating that I do not acknowledge the debt and they are outside the statute of limitations. I did some research online and have found this to be called "zombie debt". However, I am simply angry because I completed my contract and jumped through all their hoops and now after more than 6 years they are contacting me.

Has anyone else had this happen?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Gym/Highland-Ranch-Colorado-80129/World-Gym-ASF-International-Completed-contract-in-2006-and-suddenly-get-a-collection-bill-1027463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Gym