Complaint Review: World Moving Service - Cross Country Van Lines

• Submitted: Wed, December 24, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 24, 2008

• Reported By:Hillsboro Oregon
World Moving Service - Cross Country Van Lines
6306 NW 9 Ave Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

World Moving Services - Cross Country Van Lines I wish I would have found this sight first!! Fort LauderdaleFort Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: Little You Can Do Right Now

If anyone out there knows of any recourse, I really need some help. I dont even think I can try to explain what these horribe movers have done to our lives. I am writing on Christmas Eve at 8:05 in the morning. My furniture was supposed to be delivered approx 2-3 weeks ago. They picked up my stuff in Casco Maine (to be delivered to Hillsboro, Oregon) on Dec 3rd 2008 and it is now Dec 24th and no furniture.They told me it would be delivered no later then Dec 11-20th My family including 2 children which are sleeping on our floor. We have no pots and pans to even make a dinner for the holiday. Once World movers took our deposit, they basically no longer want anything to do with us. The people "the so-called" customer service in new Jersey from Cross country Van Lines are the worst people I have ever dealt with. They are rude mean, and dont care about anyone but themselves. My original price was supposed to be 4737.82, and now it is up to over 5200.00. According to my "Binding" contract they cant charge me anymore money than what was quoted. This is also stated in the "your rights and responsibilty" booklet, and on their own websight. and on our "not to exceed" quote

I wished I would have looked on this sight before I booked my move. If there is anything out there that I can do, please let me know asap. I am contacting the BBB and my Attorney General......
Please help!!
Debby

Debby
Hillsboro, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Moving-Service-Cross-Country-Van-Lines/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/World-Moving-Services-Cross-Country-Van-Lines-I-wish-I-would-have-found-this-sight-firs-404608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Moving Service - Cross Country Van Lines

Little You Can Do Right Now

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Legally, they have about 30 days to make delivery to you, which means they'll make delivery on or about the 1st of the year. You chose a scam mover based on price and you're now finding out why choosing a mover based on price is a bad idea. You also chose your mover off the internet - another bad practice.

Moving is not an inexpensive venture and choosing a mover based on price will end up costing you more in the long run. Best of luck to you.