Complaint Review: World Moving Services, MOVE COST NATIONWIDE RELOCATION SERVICE, AMERICAN VAN LINES

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, May 24, 2009

• Reported By:Rosenberg Texas
1700 NW 64ST SUIT 400 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

World Moving Services, MOVE COST NATIONWIDE RELOCATION SERVICE, AMERICAN VAN LINES Scammed and robbed by WORLD MOVING SERVICES. Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: Legality

*UPDATE Employee: Do not believe the A rating Nationwide and partner companies have with the BBB.It might be a big mistake.

I wondered why WORLD MOVING SERVICES delayed so long. I believe it was on purpose.

My move was from the Houston area, to the Salt Lake City area.

The window date to pick-up my goods was Oct 29, 2008. Nobody came to pickup my items, even three days later.
I think they delay moving until you cant switch companies, and then add extra charges, and either won't release your belongings or wont help you, until you pay up front. A bunch of bogus stuff is hidden in the fine print. They also lied to me and claimed they had an office in Houston. They are based only in Florida. The actual account manager Mario Glenn, wont return my calls or emails.

They wanted $845, deposit on credit and the balance in a certified money order. This way you cant get your money back easily.

I contacted my Credit Card company and will call the Texas or Florida Attorney General or both.

I am going to move everything into storage and come up to Evanston with just clothes, buy a cheap mattress somewhere, and have the movers ship my stuff later.

Greg
Rosenberg, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Moving-Services-MOVE-COST-NATIONWIDE-RELOCATION-SERVICE-AMERICAN-VAN-LINES/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/World-Moving-Services-MOVE-COST-NATIONWIDE-RELOCATION-SERVICE-AMERICAN-VAN-LINES-Scammed-386800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Moving Services, MOVE COST NATIONWIDE RELOCATION SERVICE, AMERICAN VAN LINES

Legality

AUTHOR: Pursuit - (U.S.A.)

Even being a third party, you are still the ones that set up the other company, making you just as liable for the other company actions. The we don't want to be responsable for are actions did cause for a criminal case to be opened against the company regarding a move that went from Missouri to Texas that resulted in property being severly damaged and many items being stolen during the move. This was after your company dragged the client your company was representing on for several months when his property was not delivered for over 60 days after several promised dates for delivery was made. Several complaints and even reading some rebutals do tell me that Nationwide Relocation is out to fraud the public and mayby needs to be investigated by the US Department of Justice a little further regarding criminal charges against this company for fraud, property damage, and stealing of property. Your company was involved with the events that led to the problems these people substained with damaged property, and many other things.

AUTHOR: Bacteria22 - (U.S.A.)

I work for Movingcost which is the parent company of Nationwide Relocation Services, WE-Haul, World Moving Services, American Van Lines, etc. I do not want to be radical in my response, but I would like to share with the people what kind of company it is.

First of all, my company will not directly transport your items because is a moving brokerage firm and so as a third party firm, we will hire upon your request a carrier that will actually move and handle your items. Some of this companies will have a great reputation and some others are simply garbage. It is just a matter of luck which one you get. Some estimators (like me) will play the "A" rating with the BBB card just to get your business. Do not fall for it. For instance you are moving from California to Texas and you decided to go with us, I told you that we (nationwide and partner companies)have an A rating with the BBB, what I did not tell you was that the company that we hired and is actually going to move your items, for instance West Coast Van has an F rating with the BBB.(you can check this is a fact in the BBB website)Yes, you would be making business with an A rating company, but the company that would be actually doing the job of carrying your items would simply suck. If I would have told you that from the beginning you would not have even bothered to talk with me.

The big deposit is to ensure movingcost gets its third party fee (the charge for "helping you" get a reservation with a carrier to get your things moved). They want you to pay the rest in certified funds to the carrier because they know most of the carriers they work with, are unreliable and after you have paid them and after they have messed up, you as a customer can not request a credit card charge back because you paid in cash. At that point you are just pretty much out of luck.

My suggestion to the person who wrote this complaint is to directly go to the BBB and make a formal complaint. A complaint against the carrier and also against nationwide relocation, they will investigate and verify everything.

I am doing this, not because the company did anything bad to me. I am doing it, because it is dishonest to rip off people and take away their hard earned dollars, lie to them so the owner of these companies can be richer and richer everyday by selling bad quality and lies.

AUTHOR: Bacteria22 - (U.S.A.)