Complaint Review: World Moving Services

• Submitted: Wed, May 13, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Bristol New Hampshire
World Moving Services
6306 N.W 9th Ave Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

World Moving Services, Karlos Stevenson same trick used on Marianne in the previous complaint. Changed the price after cancellation deadline Fort Lauderdale Florida

So salesman Eric Coutrier led me to their Better Business Bureau listing and showed me their A+ rating, and quoted me a "Not To Exceed" price. I signed the contracts and paid the $1622 deposit, a high deposit, and here's why: just like in Marianne's previous complaint, Karlos Stevenson from the Quality Assurance Department (that's a joke) called me the day the cancellation deadline passed, and told me I needed to add another 1000 pounds to the estimate or else I "could have really angry drivers show up for the move".

I said "Is that going to raise my price?", and Karlos said "Yes, by $1100". I told him to cancel my move. Karlos said "Are you crazy? You'll lose your $1622 deposit! That's more than the $1100 increase in price!! Does money grow on trees for you?".

I told him "I don't trust what tricks you have in store for me once to take possession of my goods."

I cancelled and filed complaints with D.O.T, and BBB, they don't do anything.

World Moving Services BBB rating quickly dropped to a C+ by this time.

I hired a transportation attorney, can't go into a lot of detail there, not done yet, but World Moving Service sites that I didn't cancel by certified mail as specified in the contract.

The game: High Deposit, Raise The Price After Cancellation Deadline, they get the increase or keep your deposit

LESSON: The contract never matches their spoken words!!

LESSON: They have a million ways to get you, and they have fine print to cover their butts for each way

LESSON: There are no governing bodies or laws to help you

LESSON: These crooked, fly-by-night companies are a dime a dozen, after all, they're not expecting your loyal return business. When they get busted they just change their name, why do you think they all have stupid names?

This is nothing, search Storage And Relocation to hear about the replacement company I hired....

Bob
Bristol, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2009 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Moving-Services/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/World-Moving-Services-Karlos-Stevenson-same-trick-used-on-Marianne-in-the-previous-compla-451667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Moving Services