Complaint Review: World Moving Services

• Submitted: Mon, August 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 04, 2008

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
World Moving Services
6306 NW 9th Ave Fort Laurderdale, Florida U.S.A.

World Moving Services Extortion Fort Laurderdale Florida

I contracted World Moving Services to move my household goods from Arizona to Ohio. We scheduled a pack and move for two days - July 30th and July 31st. I was promised an empty 53' trailer at an estimted 17,600 lbs. The truck showed up on August 1st (2 days late and the day the new homeowner took ownership of our houe) with another customer's load already on the truck 1/3 full. They left our house on August 2nd without room for all of our household goods - we left an oven, patio furniture, a shelving unit, and additional items behind. They are currently in route to Ohio demanding an additional $9,600 cash payment for delivery of my goods. The additional CASH payment is due for weight of "my goods" totalling 2,500 lbs (14%) beyond their estimate. This additonal CASH payment of $9,600 is top of the bill of our original estimate of $10,629 - almost double. The driver told me he will maintain posession of our goods until I pay in CASH. I have been in contact with Ohio and Florida law enforcement. I'm not certain how this will end, but please don't use this company. They are 100% fradulent. Don't try to save a dime like I did...go with someone local with a strong reputation. For personal qualification purposes, I'm professional with an MBA from a top 20 school moving a 3,000 sq foot house and a family of four - you would think I know better.

Again...don't make the mistake I made. Avoid this company.

Andy sand
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2008 11:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Moving-Services/Fort-Laurderdale-Florida-33309/World-Moving-Services-Extortion-Fort-Laurderdale-Florida-359276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Moving Services