Complaint Review: World Moving Services

• Submitted: Mon, June 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 08, 2009

• Reported By:W. Long Branch New Jersey
World Moving Services
1245 Powerline Rd Suite 159 Pompano Beach,, Florida U.S.A.

World Moving Services Misrepresentation of services Pompano Beach, Florida

*Author of original report: World Moving Services

I scheduled a move from Maine to New Jersey on May 28, 2009. When I contacted World Moving Services a Ben Aaronson called me back and I scheduled the move with him. He told me that he would be my reprentative to handle all my moving needs. Apparently he gave me a lot of misinformation. He gave me an estimate based on the items I told him I was moving and said that he over estimated and my move would probably cost me less. Not once did he tell me that not matter how much your furniture weighed you were charged on 3000 lbs minimum. As my move got closer I called Ben but kept getting voice mail.....left a couple of messages and was called back by someone named Justin at which time he said Ben was not there and he was returning Ben's calls. Never once did he tell me that Ben had LEFT!! I finally asked where Ben was and he said he no longer worked there. In the beginning of our conversation Justin had an attitude as I was quite annoyed with the whole process. Everything Ben told me was different from what Justin had told me. At this point I wanted to cancel the whole move but didn't think I would be able to book another moving company on such short notice.

Moving day came and the moving company they booked for me was suppose to be at my house in Maine at 9 a.m. When it got to be 10 a.m and no moving company appeared, I gave them a call and they said they would be there at 11:30 a.m......if I had not called they would not have called me!!

They arrived at 11:30 with a rent-a-truck with a loading platform that did not work so they had to lift everything into the truck. They were 2 Russian men and they were talking Russian to each other at all times. Very unnerving!! I had everything ready so all they had to do was load the truck and go. Of course they wanted to box some things if not they would not take them so I didn't have a choice. They did take care of the furniture and everything arrived in New Jersey in the same shape that they picked it up. Of course when I went to pay the boxing supplies cost $245.....another ripoff!!

I was under the impression that World Moving Services would be sending a reputable moving company to make my move, so beware.....you can get a fly by night moving company or two guys who rent a truck, move your things and you get charged through the nose!!
Don't go with World Moving Services......contact a reputable moving company yourself......this move cost me close to $2000 and I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Louise
W. Long Branch, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2009 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Moving-Services/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33069/World-Moving-Services-Misrepresentation-of-services-Pompano-Beach-Florida-459536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Moving Services

World Moving Services

AUTHOR: Louise - (U.S.A.)

I left a few key facts out of this report.....the name of the person who assisted me when Ben left was Jason not Justin. Also when the truck that was sent to move my furniture arrived, the driver asked me for an additional deposit which I refused to give him as I had already sent a deposit to World Moving Services. Also, the movers left empty rolls of tape all over the house as they were finished using them.
Everytime I called World Moving I recording came on saying that no one was available and to leave a name and number......USELESS!!! All of my phone calls were not returned. How can customer service be unavailable? Something shady going on with this company.