Complaint Review: World Perfume

• Updated: Mon, November 10, 2008

• Reported By:Kent Washington
World Perfume
Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

World Perfume Lying, unethical young thieves who promised a real job but didn't tell you that you'd be selling knock-off perfume on the streets illegaly Bellevue Washington

Although this had happened a while ago, thanks to reading some reports on the site here, I found the corporate entity responsible for wasting 2-3 days of my time years ago in the early part part of the decade. Must have been anywhere from 2000-2003 where I answered an ad in the newspaper to work for one of World Perfume's little offices in Bellevue, Washington. I can't for the life of me remember the name they gave then, but reading the descriptions of what they did, I have no doubt this was them.

After calling the ad & telling the interviewer about my background, they invited me in for an interview with the office assistant manager. The office was in a small business building right on the beginning(Western-portion) of Bel-Red Road in Bellevue, close to a couple car dealerships. I arrived at the office to see 2 other very well dressed applicants, & was intimidated & thought it was going to be tougher than I thought to get a position with the "company"(They probably were friends of these folks who went in there to make the place look more professional).

The assistant manager brought me in to her office, her name was Tiffany (hot "independent" girl), asked me the usual interview questions & gave me some bs about the company. Then she tells me she still has interviews to do & would call me in the next few days to tell me if I had made the cut & to come in for the group training. Later that afternoon/evening I get the call saying I was chosen.

Go in for the group training session the next day & we listen to a younger Asian-American guy talk about the great success & business of the company, how they have these big bonuses & company vacations for the top sellers. He then tells us how he just bought himself a BMW, another in a long list of lies. So they give us more general talk about the company & business coaching that they want us to remember & use.

The next day is when they pair you up with a longer-serving worker who makes sure to ask you what you think so far, tell you good things about the company & job, and all that. Then after an hour or so of more group speeches, they hit you with the truth; you'll be selling perfume and cologne on the streets. They then send 1 of the new hires with 2-3 of the older-working people, and you're out there on the street with these folks trying to sell perfume to people who obviously are surprised that you're trying to sell them something in the middle of a parking lot & don't want it at all.

After being driven back after being out selling the whole day, one of the new hires does the whole coaching things & asks if you like it & if you'll show up the next day. I headed back to my car regretting wasting all the time I had with them.

It's a shame companies like these are allowed to post ads in newspapers or job publications. They're nothing but a mlm scam, operating with illegal business methods.

Angry customer
Kent, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 05:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Perfume/Bellevue-Washington-98005/World-Perfume-Lying-unethical-young-thieves-who-promised-a-real-job-but-didnt-tell-you-t-389585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Perfume