Complaint Review: World Traders Association - IMG

• Updated: Sun, June 20, 2004

• Reported By:san antonio Texas
World Traders Association - IMG
www.wta.com Nationwide U.S.A.

World Traders Association (WTA) aka IMG Rip-off! DON'T GET TAKEN BY THIS COMPANY AS EVERY MEMBER HAS! Las Vegas Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Information I gathered as a member.

As everyone knows - WTA is no longer in business. So, they create a new company, IMG, to STEAL money from a new batch of people. WTA and IMG are pure THIEVES!

DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY! You will never get your money back - but will get threatening phone calls from their employees. Yes - HARRY FISHER - I am speaking to you! Anyway - I have information from the Federal Trade Commission - WTA - IMG - You WILL BE EXPOSED VERY SHORTLY!!

san antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2004 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Traders-Association-IMG/nationwide/World-Traders-Association-WTA-aka-IMG-Rip-off-DONT-GET-TAKEN-BY-THIS-COMPANY-AS-EVERY-94518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Traders Association - IMG

Information I gathered as a member.

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

Last year they sent the following to members:

November 13, 2003

Dear WTA Members,

Due to some current rumors and confusion, we would like a moment of your time to state the facts.

In our effort to expand, we experienced some financial problems due to over extended advertising costs. Thus, we stopped selling memberships permanently. However, we have made arrangements to support all of our currents members as we always have. We will continue to provide inventory (over 1,000 products daily), provide inventory listing capabilities, joint venture, transaction completions, and order processing. We are also available to support and advise all current members.

Thank you for your time, we hope that this has cleared up any confusion.

World Traders Association

Since then, I have continued to receive what they are contractually obligated to provide, no more - no less. However, I am still able to sense extreme financial strain. Seems as though the staff is down to just a few, who truly seem dedicated to helping the existing members to the best of their ability.

I did look into legal options, as WTA is not all I was expecting and wanted (especially now that they are pretty much out of business) but was advised it would be a no win situation. Even if I won in court (which I was told wasn't likely as they did fulfill their contractual obligations) I wouldn't get any money and would just be out all the legal fees.

I am left at somewhat of a loss, but glad to know no one else will be in this position.