Complaint Review: World Traders Association, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, November 11, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 11, 2004

• Reported By:Forestville Maryland
World Traders Association, Inc.
12843 Foothill Blvd. Sylmar, California U.S.A.

World Traders Association, ripoff Sylmar California

I became a member of World Traders Association (WTA) in May 2003. I furnished an initial membership fee of $6,950.00 and I paid an on-going monthly membership fee of $35.00. This was my life's savings. In the last 2 1/2 years I have made NO money! The 2,000 pages of in-depth reference and training manterials were out-dated and bogus. Many of the companies listed in the directories were out of business. I was assigned a personal trainer/contact person. Many of my personal trainers left the company, and I had many different trainers assigned to me during my membership. I do not feel the company furnished me the guidance I needed, and because my trainers were contantly changing and leaving the company, I did not feel there was any real cohesion or connection made between me my trainers or the company. These trainers were very difficult to contact, many didn't return my telephone calls and e-mails and eventually I was totally unable to contact anyone in the company. The hands-on training seesions and the training materials were very basic and ineffective at best.

Membership with WTA entitles members to sell merchandise to retailers at below wholesale prices and make commissions of items sold. In my estimation, the prices quoted to members by WTA were retail and slightly below retail. The merchandise was not first quality and guaranteed and most of the merchandise was "knock-offs".The list of retailers I was given to contact as "leads" were bogus. Many of the businesses were actually out of business.

I followed the the guidance, suggestions, and advice I was given by WTA staff members and support material. I still did not make any money with WTA. I understand WTA is now out of business and I have not been contacted by the company yet!

Angela
Forestville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2004 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Traders-Association-Inc/Sylmar-California-91342/World-Traders-Association-ripoff-Sylmar-California-117287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Traders Association, Inc.