Complaint Review: World Traders Association

• Submitted: Sat, July 19, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, July 22, 2003

• Reported By:Worcester Massachusetts
World Traders Association
500 N. Rainbow Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

World Traders Association ripoff scamnever deliverd on their promises or training Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Welcome to the WTA rip-off club William - We have lots of members!

Signed on with WTA for $6900. Spoke to 6 references who were active, all part time with varying successes. No one warned about their non existent training, hidden requirements and broken promises. Probably paid to fake these sample testimonials.

Training was a joke, I could have trained the trainer. Promised to supply clients to start and system to acquire leads. This turned out to be a list of company addresses, most without contact #'s or names.

Talked to a lawyer but was advised it would cost more than could recoup, with no guarenttee of winning. Should have reported them to BBB and other authorities but, haven't yet.

This was 3 years ago and I see they are still advertising in business opportunity magazines available on the newstand. Maybe someone else can be warned as I wish I could have been in advance.

Coming from a retail management and sales backround I thought this was perfect for me, but instead have spent many sleepless nights upset with my error in judgment.

Warning , stay away and keep from losing your hard earned money. Have never been contacted by anyone, after the 2.5 hours of what they jokingly call training.

The trainer admitted that he never did this business or sold anything. That's when I knew this "opportunity" was doomed.

Willing to talk to any one interested on this subject! The BBB in Las Vegas said there were no complaints for the previous three years which gave me a false sense of security.

William
Worcester, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2003 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Traders-Association/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89107/World-Traders-Association-ripoff-scamnever-deliverd-on-their-promises-or-training-Las-Vega-64153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Traders Association

Welcome to the WTA rip-off club William - We have lots of members!

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

Sorry to hear that you too have "gotten the training" from WTA. An expensive lesson wasn't it William. Been there - done that - with good old WTA. But then so has Tammy from N.C., Karen from Penn., L.D.from Nevada,et.,et.,et. We are indeed a big club. I received a response from WTA - Mr. Richard Petitt tells me I do not exist! I am not or have never been a "member"! Really Mr. Petitt? Perhaps you could ask the bank where I borrowed the money to get into this so called opportunity. I could go on but why bother. William I feel your pain ---- I too thought I checked this company out properly. I was obviously wrong. We both come from experienced retail sales backgrounds and are not "kids" so how did we get ourselves duped like this? All I can add is - folks, I hope you don't end up joining our club. Save your money or put it somewhere else. Oh and one last thing,check out the Cal. BBB report on this company. Need I say more?