Complaint Review: World Travel Services

World Travel Services
1501 Hughes Way, Ste 100 Long Beach, California United States of America

World Travel Services Membership is a rip-off Long Beach, California

*Consumer Comment: Totally Different World Travel

We received a post card touting a free cruise for listening to World Travel's 90 minute presentation why we should become a member in order to obtain the best prices on hotels, condos, cruises, etc.  So we went.  What a fantastic sales presentation by professionals. The main room was strewn with guys waiting to pounce on you after the presentation to get you to join.  We did, like fools and paid 7,000.00.  The cost was really 8,000 but they knocked off 1000 when we found the flaw in the so-called "free cruise".

That should have been a warning to us to walk away; but we're retired and have been wanting to travel especially since my husband had just received a pace-maker 3 weeks before the presentation.  We thought we better travel sooner than later.

We joined in October 2011.  In December we asked them to book us on a cruise.  We had received a special offer from one of the cruise lines.  We wanted to see if they could beat the price and also what kind of air fare we could get.  Well, time went by and no calls and when we finally got an email with a price it didn't indicate what part was cruise or airfare and whether it was the total price or per person.  A very sloppy job.  So my husband called and asked for a breakdown in price.  Again many days went by.  My husband called again and asked to speak to a supervisor which he did and she prommised to get back to him the same day.  More days went by.  Well, the cruise sold out. They were totally incompetent and unconcerned about us.  A cavalier attitude and one girl rather obnoxious.  We asked to have our membership voided.

HaHA, guess again.  Need to take them to court.

I see others have complained on various websites.  I'd like to find Gena who used to work for them in the Valencia office.  I delt with the Long Beach office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Travel-Services/Long-Beach-California-90810/World-Travel-Services-Membership-is-a-rip-off-Long-Beach-California-847138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Travel Services

Totally Different World Travel

AUTHOR: Disgusted - (United States of America)

I don't know who the guy complain about cruise travel is but that's far from my experience with WORLD TRAVEL.  I wanted to test them, so I gave the all of the detail of a cruise my wife and I took four years ago and told them we wanted to make the cruise at the same time of year this year.   They had the booking information and price within 20 minutes --- it was a very busy day at the office,      More important, they got me that cruise (the same everything but year) at 30% less than we actually paid for it FOUR YEARS ago.

It works for me!