Complaint Review: World Travel

• Reported By: Terry — Lakewood California United States of America
World Travel
1501 Hughes Way, Ste 100 Long Beach, California United States of America

World Travel does not service its members in Long Beach, California

World Travel does not service its customers.

Wed, 5/9
My wife called World Travel and requested options for hotel and car rental reservation but got confusion and no recommendations.

Fri, 5/11
I called to make the hotel reservation and talked with Giselle.  She called back, said she couldnt process credit card.  I called the credit card company who said they blocked it because it was from Great Britain.  I asked them to let it go through, to which they agreed.  I called Giselle and asked her to process reservation.  She called later and said it wouldnt go through again.  I called the credit card company who said they had had not received any requests.  They suggested it might be World Travels system.  I called Giselle and mentioned this and she said she would look into it.  As of 1100pm I had no call from Giselle.

Sat, 5/13
800am - I had no email confirmation on hotel reservation.
830am - I called World Travel and got an answer machine
835am - I called Giselles cell phone and left a message that if I had not received a reservation from her by 900am, I would process the reservation myself.
903am - There was no call from Giselle, I processed my own reservation.

Fri, 5/25
As requested by World Travel, I formally requested my membership be cancelled and the membership fee refunded.  Since then and after many emails, phone calls and personal visits, I still have not received an answer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2012 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Travel/Long-Beach-California-90810/World-Travel-does-not-service-its-members-in-Long-Beach-California-940777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Travel