owned

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, September 12, 2009

• Reported By:Staten Island New York
World Web Access
One Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River, New York U.S.A.

World Web Access World Web Access Cramming scam Pearl River New York

* : Hello,

I received my phone bill this month and there was an additional charge of $19.95 from The Billing Resource. I contacted my phone company, Verizon and they had no information on the charge. The Billing Resource is an outfit that processes charges for scammers like World Web Access.

World Web Access claims to be a long distance telephone and high speed internet provider. They cram unsuspecting web surfers by using pop ups to gather information about users and then they take over your long distance or internet service.

I have the triple freedom Verizon Fios package, there is no way in hell I would change my telephone service to another company. World Web Access, Inc. is perpetrating fraud on unsuspecting surfers.

I hope this report alerts others and they start looking at their phone bills. I am contacting the FCC about this scam.

Ed
Staten Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Web-Access/Pearl-River-New-York-10965/World-Web-Access-World-Web-Access-Cramming-scam-Pearl-River-New-York-439006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Web Access

#1

Hello,

AUTHOR: Gemma R. - (USA)

Hello,

If there was some confusion about your subscription, we honestly didn't mean to inconvenience you in any way. Our goal is not to inconvenience our customers .The terms and conditions of our offer are very visible on the order page, they are stated on the order page where you confirm your order, located directly to the left of where your credit card information was entered. There is also a link at the bottom of the home page that opens up the terms and conditions in a separate window. Customer service is our number one priority and we do everything we can to be open with all of our customers. Of course, mistakes can be made; and if you were not aware of our terms and conditions in our site. You can talk to customer support seven days a week. Our U.S.-based help lines are also staffed each and every day of the week to respond to any questions you may have both before and after your order. Simply call us at 866-989-2685 and we will be happy to walk you through the entire cancellation process.

Your satisfaction is our number one concern,
Thanks,