Complaint Review: World Wide Gourmet Foods - Glen German, Marketing Manager

• Updated: Thu, June 11, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
World Wide Gourmet Foods - Glen German, Marketing Manager
http://www.alaskasmokehouse.com Internet U.S.A.

World Wide Gourmet Foods - Glen German Marketing Manager X-treme Rudeness, refusal to give supervisor contact, refusal to open UPS investigation. Internet

*Author of original report: Received a Full Refund

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: bad service bad business

My parents ordered 12 cans of salmon from World Wide Gourmet Foods, Inc., and the company sent it through UPS. UPS says they delivered it JAN 5, but no delivery was made.

The company has offered to refund my parents and they have offered to send it to a different location. Sounds good, however...

I do not believe that UPS actually delivered the package at all, because UPS said the package was left in a "safe place". But my building does not have any such location for packages. UPS has the code for my bldg, and in the past, they have entered and left packages at my door. I have NEVER not received a package through UPS. I asked Glen German, the Marketing Manager for World Wide Gourmet Foods, to open an investigation through UPS. But he did not return my phone calls or emails. When I called UPS today, they told me that no such investigation had been opened, and we opened one together (I spoke with Enrique), and I was told to ask Glen to contact them to supply them with information so that they can complete the investigation.

I explained to Glen German, many, many times, that I am self-employed, and do not have another address for him to deliver the package to. My parents are very old, and now are very upset about this whole situation, (this was supposed to be a post-Christmas present for me). So, they do not wish to do the paperwork necessary for a refund. They are embarrassed that I did receive the gift, and they are sick over the whole thing.

I explained to him that I ALWAYS receive my packages, and obviously the package was not delivered, and that I need for him to call UPS to complete the information necessary for an investigation. He will not acknowledge the request. I have also requested the contact information for whomever is in charge of his department, and he will not release this information either.

If he is willing to re-send the salmon, why can't he just send it here? AND why can't he authorize UPS so that they can do their investigation?

Furthermore, Glen and his co-worker Terri, were extremely rude to me on the phone and through emails. Glen will tell you that I used 'foul language' with him on the phone. I admit that I used one word, but by that point in the conversation, he deserved much more.

I am not sure what can be done at this point. I believe World Wide Gourmet Foods sent the package.

However, they did not do the necessary follow-up through UPS to find out why the package was not delivered (even tho UPS shows that it was.) The proper procedure is to do an investigation, though UPS, which Glen German was not willing to do.

I would have been happy for him to reship here, and settle with UPS on his own. I live alone, and do not have another location for him to ship it to. I always receive my packages, and would have accepted full responsibility had this new package not shown up. The truth is, I really don't care about the salmon--but I do care about my parents, who are in their late 80's and very, very upset.

I believe that a complaint should be registered for their customer service treatment. I would have been happy to take the situation to his manager, but he would not supply me with that information.

Ideally, since he has offered to ship the package again (albeit to another address), the package should be shipped here. I do not expect an apology, but shipping the package would satisfy my parents and be a good will gesture to the customer.

If that does not happen, I feel that some sort of note should go on this company's record, re: their rude treatment and lack of response.

And I would still like the legitimate contact information of the person in charge of his department.

The 'inc.' stands for incompetent....
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Wide-Gourmet-Foods-Glen-German-Marketing-Manager/internet/World-Wide-Gourmet-Foods-Glen-German-Marketing-Manager-X-treme-Rudeness-refusal-to-giv-411776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Wide Gourmet Foods - Glen German, Marketing Manager

Received a Full Refund

AUTHOR: The 'inc.' stands for incompetent.... - (U.S.A.)

Received a full refund. There, was that so hard ?

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

bad service bad business

AUTHOR: Janey - (U.S.A.)

The bad service does not end when you buy their products. They are bad to the employees also. I worked here many years ago.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Maybe because they get rid of long time good employees and put the stress on the rest of them who are left behind. Hire new ones at very low low wages to work down in the shipping room.

Hard place to buy from an even a harder place to work. All around bad.