Complaint Review: World Wide Source- American Solutions Info

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, March 29, 2003

• Reported By:Grovetown Georgia
World Wide Source- American Solutions Info
2230 State Rt11 Mooers, New York U.S.A.

World Wide Source, American Solutions Rip-off Misleading sales pitch Rude Mooers New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Pavlos Angelatos Does Respond to Pressure

*Author of original report: UPDATE!! got credit

*Consumer Suggestion: Shutting Down Pavlos Angelatos, World Wide Source, Ameri-source, American Solutions, IT Data Direct etc.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Question ? Why haven't they been stoped? Get together And put World Wide Source DOWN

About 2 years ago, An employee answered the phone and was told by World Wide that they had talked to me already and gone over all the program with me. They hadn't. They also said that we had done business in the past with them. We hadn't. They asked him if he was authorized to make decision and he stated that he was a technician. Anyway got billed for $399 and called the company . They played me the recording , which was so misleading to my employee. I refused to pay and they offered me a $150 cancellation fee. HAHAHA.

Anyway American Solutions , thier collection agency, which is really just World Wide, starting calling me about every 5 months . I have written and faxed request to stop calling . They tell me they can call everyday if they want to. Which isn't true. Now that I've found this website and seen that others are being scam too, I wrote my state general office and the FTC. I have also wrote WWS and sent them copies of what is being send to FTC and the state general. I'd advised everyone else that has been scammed to do the same.

S
Grovetown, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2003 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Wide-Source-American-Solutions-Info/Mooers-New-York-12958/World-Wide-Source-American-Solutions-Rip-off-Misleading-sales-pitch-Rude-Mooers-New-York-47932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Wide Source- American Solutions Info

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Pavlos Angelatos Does Respond to Pressure

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Dear S,

Congratulations on getting this far with World Wide Source! The Attorney General of Missouri had told me that people were getting credits and even refunds! Missouri has a very solid case against these people coming up. I think they (WWS) desperately need some positive "customer care" experiences to counter the strength of the arguement that can be brought against them in a court of law.

I have just sent a lot of information to the Attorney General of New York. I have not heard anything from World Wide Source, American Solutions Information etc. etc. so it is important to keep notifying the authorities. Please don't forget mail fraud (get the form at the Post Office).

UPDATE!! got credit

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

After I sent WWW a letter stating everything I had found out about them and thier collection company, I recieved a statement with a $399 credit, no balance due. In my letter I told them I was aware of thier practices and how Vermont and other states had shut them down. I also told them I was forwarding a letter to FTC and my state attorney, which I did. I would suggest everyone else do them same with WWW and FTC and thier state attorney. I want to thank this website and its submitters for thier information that led to my small victory. Thanks!!!!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Has anyone considered the need to report these directory scammers for mail fraud. Get the form at your local post office. The billing practices of these companies clearly constitute mail fraud.

Contact your state Attorney General. Vermont shut them down and Missourri is about to drop the hammer on them.

Mister or Ms. Telemarketer, sitting in their boiler room bunker in Montreal or Dartmouth, is either woefully ignorant of state laws--or hopes you are! Most states have "right to cancel" laws. If you are a telemarketer you are required by law to notify your contact of them in such transactions. Usually it is a 72 hour period or something similar. It goes without saying that the telemarketer would also have to clearly identify themselves and provide clear contact information to create an enforceable transaction.

Your state probably also has laws on the books similar to this Virginia statute:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
59.1-200. Prohibited practices.

A. The following fraudulent acts or practices committed by a supplier in connection with a consumer transaction are hereby declared unlawful:

1. Misrepresenting goods or services as those of another; (eg: The "Real Yellow Pages")

2. Misrepresenting the source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services;

3. Misrepresenting the affiliation, connection or association of the supplier, or of the goods or services, with another;

4. Misrepresenting geographic origin in connection with goods or services;

5. Misrepresenting that goods or services have certain quantities, characteristics, ingredients, uses, or benefits; (saying you distribute over a million books when your circulation is closer to 35000).
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With a little knowledge you should be able to help stop this kind of operation in your area. Their only strength is in their telephone operation. They also have no respect for anti-harassment laws. Just keep hanging up on them. You can be nice about it since you possess the moral and legal high ground. They seem to take sadistic enjoyment out of reducing professional people to rage and verbal conflict with them on the telephone. Kill them with kindness.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Thelma - (Canada)

I am an ex employee of World Wide Source and I feel bad for anyone who has been wronged by this company. Even employes have been fooled. We really belived in this company, and had a huge let down when we found out how the company had lead people to belive they were getting something different. We were trained by the company, followed their directions and used their company training manuals. I quit the company.
Please feel free to leave your comments at the link below I would love to hear form other ex-employes, or company representives who have story's to share.