rank

1305 castlia dr Cary north carolina Internet United States of America

World clown association According to many states you are FORFEITED Internet

*Author of original report: Clowns.com

*Author of original report: Vendors at non profits Rip off

*Author of original report: This is Not a statement of good standing

*General Comment: Nothing like ignoring the facts

*Author of original report: Laughter without borders

*Author of original report: World Clown Association Scam

*Author of original report: Did you pay for the report?

*Consumer Comment: FACTS

I have looked everywhere for your corp. You say you are in N CAROLINA, they say no. I looked in DE and it was void about 11 years ago . I looked in CA and they say it was FORFEITED in 1989. So where is it, the EIN number they say is not real. Do you think the people deserve to have the knowledge if you are real or not. One thing we no for sure you are not a foreign corp, so that means you can not work in all states. Because you would be listed in all states and you are not listed in 6 that I  know for sure.  Yet you are at the top of google taking all the work in your field. Lucy you have some saplaining to do!! I say this in good faith. If any of the millions out there who read this blog can tell me where to find them, please tell me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-clown-association/internet/World-clown-association-According-to-many-states-you-are-FORFEITED-Internet-999903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World clown association

Clowns.com

AUTHOR: Saralyn - ()

They say they are proud members of World clown association. So why does world clown association back companies that do trademark infringement  and copy right infringement all over the net?  This company even does discrimination of age , you have to be 21 to 29 to work there.Guess old folks can't make balloons or paint faces any more!!!I believe this company use to be called Birthday party characters.com. If you look at there image page it is all the same. All proud members of World clown association and there insurance.

Vendors at non profits Rip off

AUTHOR: Saralyn - ()

The association of fundraising Paulette V.Maehara says that it is not ethical for a person to take more compensation then the percent that the non profit makes. Since world Clown of America dues of 30$ how can the vendors sell face paints for 150$ or costumes for 800$?  You used the NfL as an example of a non profit. First of all I looked it up and most people are furious that they are a non profit . So this will not help your stand. It will make them agree with me.  Second of all they are employees . People do not like to be ripped off. If they are helping a non profit like a school they want there money to go for the good of the kids. This is the problem non profits are not about personal profits.

This is Not a statement of good standing

AUTHOR: Saralyn - ()

I again went and looked at De corporation  about  World clown association and it reads ''This is not a statement of good standing.'' You would have to pay 20$ as I have done already to see that  World clown association was forfited in 1989.  Did you do that, I did? Now you can go to CA corporation search and find World clown association and it says Forfeited in 1989  without paying the fee.  Now about working states, I was a corporation and we  could not advertise or work in any state except the one we had are corporation in. That means all activitys were to be held there only. This word is domestic  and if the corporations are working other states it says jurisdiction, which means extend of authority.  It is my personal opinion that World clown association is forfeited still  in DE and that people are confusing This is not a statement of good standing for a corporation certificate. Again I am not an attorney so I have turned it over to the proper federal authorities to research. But non profit, charity, not for profit the common goal is the association is to make money for the cause and not for private gain.That is called tax evasion or possible fraud.See all the people who support such causes think the money is going for the good of the cause not in someones pocket.All ducks need to be in a row. Why does Guide star have NC as the  corporation location.?  None of this holds water!!! And I do not see them as having authority to work in all the states as they have.

#4 General Comment

Nothing like ignoring the facts

AUTHOR: BOBO - ()

You might wanna recheck with Deleware. According to what I found they are currently registered with Deleware.

A Corporation does not have to register in every state. They only have to register where their business is physically conducted. There is a good article about that at:

(((link redacted)))

They are registered in Deleware. Business is conducted through an independent contractor (Chd Management LLC - Which is registered in Indiana) so they do not have to register with indiana.

As far as the others you mention. I think you are getting confused about what a non-profit is vs a charitable non-profit. A non-profit can be a whole range of things. A non-profit is an organization that the net-profits do not benifit any individual or stock holder. These types of non-profts donations are not tax deductable but are still considered non-profits under 501(c). There are 29 types of non-profits.

you should read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization

The NFL is a 501(c)(6) non-profit but the individual teams are for profit. Does this mean the NFL is wrong. No a non-profit can have for profit vendors.

Charity non-profit and non-profit is not the same thing.

Laughter without borders

AUTHOR: Saralyn - ()

Deanna Hartmier the president of World clown association is co owner to Laughter without borders not Clowns without borders.Laughter without borders is a company in Canada. I was not able to find a corporation for this company.

Clowns without borders is a non profit in VA.There is also a Clowns without borders listed in CA it does not say its foreign so I think they are not the same company.Clowns without Borders in Va says since it is'' humanitarian it is not there to promote professinal career or not use humanitarian work for publicity purposes to promote his ,her professinal career". I believe in my personal opinion this message has been lost in the clown  field generally speaking. Two many people are crossing the lines from profit and non profit. I  am not saying it is wrong to go professinal. But it is wrong in my opinion to mix the two. When you are non profit all should be working for the good of the cause . Not for personal gain.

World Clown Association Scam

AUTHOR: Saralyn - ()

You say you are a Indiana company managed by CHD management in Indiana.I looked on the Indiana search on line and World Clown Association is not listed there. Now Chd management has a domestic LLC in Merrillville IN. so how does that allow them to run a non profit in every state? Now I am not an attorney but as a consumer I ask these questions. First domestic means belonging to ones place of residence. This does not cover foreign which is all other states. I was told they would need to be listed as such in every state. Then there is the problem that there is no World clown association listed in any state. Not DE were it was originally forfeited. Another term that is defined as losing the right.Not listed in Carolina as Guide star post.  In fact the IEN numbers on Guide star and Chd mangement do not even match up.  So for what I can tell there is no World clown Association any place it does not exist in name. So is it the name is Forfeited for wrong doing!!!!!!!

Now lets talk about Deanna Hartmier President of World clown . She is listed owner of California Clown Campin  domain.  And co owner of another company Clowns without Borders.  California Clown Campin is not a non profit but a for profit business. Is this not a conflict of interest?  She has a direct line to all clowns who want to learn the business for her personal gain. Then she tells the press'' there is not enough clowns .!!'

'Then of course most of the 16 staff at Moosebuger camp are World clown association leaders to cover her 100 students at  1,000 $ a head.  Again she is a for profit business. I was taught when you teach a school for 6 days and have teachers scheduled that makes them employees not friends as she says. Friends pay friends and not use them for free when you make this kind of money on a class. And the whole idea of her teaching it at a Catholic Church retreat is just plain not ethical in my head.I see that the retreat does not list them up on there schedule. WHY?  So in  any of these organizations are they teaching you to follow laws when they teach business. You can think that Clowns are just this non profit good hearted group. Well I can assure you that Moosebuger is making tons of money selling her 250$  costumes in all nations. They are selling inport make up and other supplies also. Now these are just my personal opinions since I am not an attorney so I have turned all these opinions over to the proper authorities  who are, to make these decisions.  For myself I would not have these people teach me or be proud of having my name linked with such a scam that makes no sence. Nothing seems to follow the laws in my personal opinion.It all looks like a big scam in my head.

Did you pay for the report?

AUTHOR: Saralyn - ()

Did you pay for the report 20 dollars and see the Delaware corp was forfited? We did, we have a copy of the paper.As about guide star as you can see they can post anything up there. You treasure said it was in N C , and it is not.About working in other states, yes you can have a corp in one state but you have to have a default in all other states.To show they can work all states. None of this holds water this is my personal opinion.

FACTS

AUTHOR: BOBO - (USA)

As a long time WCA member I was concerned about the postings I had been reading. So I ended up doing my own research....

World Clown Association is registered in good standing with Delaware (I just checked this morning). They are a 501(c)6 with the IRS (according to 2011 tax reports from guidestar.com) It looks like the address on the tax forms are in North Carolina where the treasurer is. The 'office' is in Indiana run by CHD Management (which is registered in Indiana) While the WCA is not registered in Indiana I did call the Indiana secretary of state,and they told me not all outside companies need to be registered.

(IC 23-17-26-1) Looking at this I think they could fall under Section 1(b)4 - Maintaining offices or agencies for the transfer, exchange, and registration of memberships.