Complaint Review: WorldCom Wireless

• Submitted: Tue, December 18, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, December 18, 2001

• Reported By:
WorldCom Wireless
1940 E Camelback Rd #A Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

MCI WorldCom Wireless Incompetent

WorldCom Wireless is pushing free phones to entice new users. What they do not tell you is how poor there billing system and customer service is.

I am a WorldCom employee, working with one of the engineering groups in Texas, which makes this situation all the more unbelievable.

I was in the market for a phone for my wife when WCOM started having salesmen in the lobby on a daily basis. In thinking to myself, I had a certain security level buying wireless service from the company from which I was employed.

It was a false sense of security. I had the phone for almost a year before recieving a bill. My wife and I made repeated attempts to rectify the situation with there billing department.

Then in August, I recieved a letter that stated we where going to begin revieving three bills per month until our account was caught up.

I signed up for a monthly plan because I could not afford to pre-pay service or make a large payments once per year.

Now I am being told that I have to pay three times my monthly rate until I catch up. And the kicker is that it was there error.

I have since cancelled service and was told that I have 60 days in which to pay the balance of the account or I would be turned over to a collections agency.

In repeated attempts to speak with someone about the problems, I was on hold no less than 45 minutes for each phone call before actually talking to someone.

Of the 11 times I called, and after waiting sometimes over an hour, 9 times I was told there computers were down and they could not help me for another hour or so.

Then, when I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager on two occassions, I was refused.

Ivan, ID number 1881 refused to let me speak to a manager or supervisor on 11/26.

They were rude and unprofessional in EVERY manner of business. I have used WCOM (formerly MCI) for long distance for some time, and have never had any situation like this.

The two groups, long distance and wireless, are not associated and are as different as night and day. WCOM wireless is a poor excuse for an operation and needs to be exposed. I am visiting the BBB site next.

Please understand that I am not the only one to have this happen. Several other individuals in my department have had the same misfortune and are dealing with the same issues.

I do not have a problem paying for the service that I agreed to, but I also want to pay for it in the time frame that I agreed to. It is amazing to me that the very company that I work for allows this crooked, deceiving and unprofessional organization to continue to give its own employees and our valuable customers the shaft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WorldCom-Wireless/Phoenix-Arizona/MCI-WorldCom-Wireless-Incompetent-9528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WorldCom Wireless