Complaint Review: WorldMark by Wyndham

• Submitted: Sat, August 28, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 08, 2012

• Reported By: lizhenry — Fairbanks Alaska United States of America
WorldMark by Wyndham
201 West Katella Avenue Anaheim, California WorldMark, The Club, and Wyndham Resort Developmen, Florida United States of America

WorldMark by Wyndham, Wyndham Vacations Ownership, Inc I was taken advantage of and misled and sold something based on false information by the sales staff WorldMark, The Club, and Wyndham Resort Developmen, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Recourse

*Consumer Comment: We Love Our Worldmark Timeshare!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: price. YContinued

*Consumer Suggestion: There is some Recourse. WYN salespeople are Liars

On August 7th of this year, while being on vacation at Disneyland, I was lured into going to a travelshare presentation with the promise of getting a 100 dollar gift card. There we met Ms. Selene Castellini who "assisted" us in Spanish throught the whole presentation.

Ms. Castellini told us that we would be buying a travelShare that included air, hotel, cruises, activities, etc.  She was very sweet and kept reassuring us about what we were buying.  Three weeks later I called one of their contact numbers only to find out that she had lied about what we were purchasing.  Only hotel and cruises are included in the purchase.  The time period to cancel our contract was 7 days and of course, they refuse to cancel.

Now, we are supposed to pay $573 per month for annual dues and vacation ownership for something that does not include what the seller said would be included.

This company is a total scam that mislead you with false promises.  Once they sell you something, they do not want it back.  We were taken advantage of and misled by selling us something that was different from what the sales rep said.   Has anyone being able to get rid of their contract and how did you do it?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2010 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WorldMark-by-Wyndham/WorldMark-The-Club-and-Wyndham-Resort-Developmen-Florida-32819/WorldMark-by-Wyndham-Wyndham-Vacations-Ownership-Inc-I-was-taken-advantage-of-and-misled-635278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WorldMark by Wyndham

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Recourse

AUTHOR: Junk mans girl - (United States of America)

In general, I would suggest that anyone taking a timeshare presentation get the full name of the salesperson. Ask to see the Real Estate License of the salesperson. If he/she doesn't have one...RUN don't WALK out of the building.
In the event that you actually buy one....make sure you have this information so that if he/she lies or says something misleading to get you to buy, you can FILE A COMPLAINT with the Real Estate Commission. But, you must have their full, legal, name in order to do so. This information is on their license. You may also find a complaint against the license of the BROKER for the resort. The broker is responsible for the behavior of the salesperson.
Finally...get your sales rep AND his managers cell phone number. Do not accept an 800 number. Dial the number BEFORE you leave (or have the salesman dial YOUR phone....) so you know it's an actual working number.
I realize that this seems like a lot of trouble...but toprotect yourself, it's a necessity. There are a lot of bad apples in the timeshare bunch....
Trust me....I worked in the industry for many years.
Good luck.
M

We Love Our Worldmark Timeshare!

AUTHOR: Sharon - (United States of America)

My husband and I have been owners of this timeshare since 2001. We use it at least a half dozen times a year to do either short trips or full weeks. We absolutely love the resorts and the program, in general.

At first we were confused about how to actually use what we bought, but once we learned the ropes, we became vacation junkies! The company provides group education classes to teach owners how to use the program, including how to get the bookings they want, when and where they want them. I recommend all owners take advantage of this.

We upgraded to Travelshare because we like being able to book our short trips without using up our points. 35 days out (Funtime) has yielded us much better availability, as compared to our former 14 days out. We investigated buying more points from a resale company, but you don't get the Funtime benefit if you buy resale. Also, you don't get the free RCI exchange membership. Both of these things were important to us.

Our experience with the company has always been positive: beautiful, well-maintained resorts and friendly staff who always have gone out of their way for us. We are more than satisfied and feel it is an incredible value.

Of course, we like to take regular vacations and we prefer condos over hotel rooms. If you don't, then this isn't for you. Just book a hotel instead.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

price. YContinued

AUTHOR: Joel - (U.S.A.)

Sorry about the poor grammer above.  I was typing at 3:00 AM. I was trying to say say I only buy credits resale, usually at 80% off from the WYN Sales Liar's price.  Resale  credits are about $0.35 now.  Many companies sell Premier credits such as timeshareliquidationservice.com .  You can also buy one time use credits for about $0.055 cents. Several listings can be located in the Worldmark Owners forums at wmowners.com

I live near Anaheim, perhaps I can assist you to sue the "sales liar."

#4 Consumer Suggestion

There is some Recourse. WYN salespeople are Liars

AUTHOR: Joel - (U.S.A.)

You do have limited recourse.  Just have the sales person sign an al. saying you were lied too.

Also you NEVER EVER EVER buy any timeshare from a WYN sales liar.  Always buy on the resale market at 80% off.  The rates of Travelshare exchange for airfare from credits are horrible.

The Travelshare benefits are worthless!  You can buy resale credits from wmcredits.net or many other reselers.  6,000 credits sells for about $2,300 now.

Learn more at wmowners.com

I am a Worlmark owner, and am very satasfied.  I Only buy resale at a fraction of the cost weather is credit or onetime use credits.

AKA Bonustimejunki @ WMowners.com