muscle

• Updated: Tue, April 22, 2014

• Reported By: Kelly — La Quinta California
WorldWide Media Group
Nationwide USA

WorldWide Media Group - Bill and Drew Would not accept my cancellation notices Nationwide

I was contacted by Worldwide Media Group to inquire if I would be interested in increasing my exposure on the internet through Google.  They claimed they were in partnership with Google.  They informed me that they were offering a reduced rate for the first month and that if I was unsatisfied with the service in any way I could cancel at any time.  After three weeks into the service, I did not get any leads and did not have increased exposure on Google that I could find so when the girl, Laura, called to ask if she could help with my account, I told her that I wanted to cancel my service.  I was told that an account representative would contact me.

I didn't hear back from anyone so I sent an email to confirm my cancellation as I knew I had nothing to document the cancellation.  At that point, I decided to look up Worldwide Media Group on the internet and discovered that many people had experienced difficulty cancelling the service.  That prompted me to then cancel my credit card to assure I was not billed for the following month.  When they tried to bill me anyway, I then received a phone call from Bill demanding payment.  I informed him of the cancellation via Laura and email and he told me I could not cancel by email and had to talk to a account representative of which Laura was not and neither was he.

After getting yet another email from them for payment, I called and was directed by a recording to press 3 to "cancel service".  After being on hold for 20 minutes, Drew answered the call and hung up before I could even finish my name.  I called back and decided to press 2 for "billing" to see if I could get quicker service and the call was answered in 3 minutes.  Bill informed me I could not cancel with him so he transferred me to Drew.  I sat on hold for another 15 minutes and then Drew answered and once again hung up on me after I said my name.  I called back and then pressed 1 which was "account service" and spoke with Laura.

Finally, she was very nice and professional and said she would cancel my account this time.  I don't know if they are going to still come after me for the second month of billing, but I have no intention of paying for a service I attempted to cancel per their "cancel at anytime policy".  This is obviously a scam that ropes you in with a low initial monthly fee promising results and then makes it next to impossible to cancel so you have to pay at least one months additional fee at a much higher rate.  I found it interesting that this seems to be a three person operation; Laura, Bill, and Drew, as those were the only people I spoke with on my many calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WorldWide-Media-Group/nationwide/WorldWide-Media-Group-Bill-and-Drew-Would-not-accept-my-cancellation-notices-Nationwide-1140720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WorldWide Media Group