Complaint Review: Worldcom WIreless

• Submitted: Tue, February 25, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, February 25, 2003

• Reported By:Glendale Heights Illinois
Worldcom WIreless
New York, New York U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless Wouldn't Cancel My Account! Rip-off took a month & a half to cancel my account wants me to pay $49.40 & have reported me to a collection agency New York New York

In July 2000, I got a one year contract with MCI WorldCom for $29.99. I did not receive bills on a regular monthly basis nor were my payments applied correctly.

In July 2001, my cellphone provider, Beepers To Go, in Wood Dale, IL, informed me my contract was up. I told them my frustrations & switched to VoiceStream (now T-Mobile). Beepers To Go then contacted Worldcom to cancel my account.

However, in August 2001, friends of mine were calling my old cellphone & getting my voicemail. Huh? I had Beepers To Go contact Worldcom again to cancel my account. They did that on August 31, 2001.

I kept getting bills until November 2001 - they are billing me all the way until August 31, 2001, even though Beepers To Go told them to credit the account all the way back to July 13, 2001, when we made the request to cancel the account. We also had them check the account to see that I indeed did not make any calls. They never did anything for us.

I decided to pay all but $49.40, as that was the charges that occured between 7/14/01 to 8/31/01. I kept getting bills from Worldcom for the $49.40 and kept calling them (that is if I could get through their hotline). It was going to be "taken care of."

I hadn't received anything since April 2002, so I thought this was a done deal. Nope...yesterday I got a letter from a collections agency demanding payment. I wrote them a letter back stating that I was disputing the charges.

I don't know what to do from here. I am blessed the amount I supposedly owe isn't quite as much as some of the other posters, but it's the principle!!! I canceled the phone & they didn't respond to my request & they expect me to pay for service I never used?!?!?

I would be very interested in participating in a lawsuit.

Thanks for listening

Cyndy
Glendale Heights, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2003 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-WIreless/New-York-New-York/Worldcom-Wireless-Wouldnt-Cancel-My-Account-Rip-off-took-a-month-a-half-to-cancel-my-a-46895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom WIreless