The drawn out and extemely annoying dispute began in January of 2002 (nearly 8 months ago). The present phone I had at the time was no longer usable, therefor I went to one of Worldcom's freestanding stores to inquire about getting a replacement phone. After being instructed about which phone to get and purchasing that very phone, Worldcom was not able to connect my account to the phone. After a long debate with one of the customer service representatives a new phone was sent out to me. He insured me that phone will be able to connect to my account and no problems would arise.
By the time this situation came up it was already into mid-February. I would call on a daily and then weekly basis trying to get this supposed phone up and running. This was because Worldcom said that phone was connected and would be working the following day. This process went of for weeks. Calling the customer service reps and then being to told to call the technical support and then being directed to another party. Each call that was made a waiting time of at least 10-15 minutes was connected to it.
By the time April rolled around, I was tired of calling and being billed for services that I didnt receive. Each time I called them I would fight with the reps having to tell them the long story over and over again because apparently they don't keep a record of their customer's complaints or calls. I fought several times with the billing office who said that I needed to pay this amount because I signed a contract for a sevice. But why pay for a service that I wasn't getting.
There were times when I asked to speak to one of their managers, the representative told me that I wasn't allowed to. When asked for their name they refused to give out that information as well.
Since then I've made many phone calls, in addition to having others call in and speak to them as well. All attempts have failed and now this terrible company has scarred my credit. They are a terrible company with horrible service and need to be put out of business.