Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Wed, November 20, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, November 20, 2002

• Reported By:Escondido ca
Worldcom Wireless
PO Box 79361 City of Industry, California U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless MCI Dishonest fraudulent ripoff business City of Industry California

Got two wireless phones in Jan 2002 - made payments on time in Feb and March but they said they never received - my bank faxed them the proof TWICE - they finally turned my phones off the day after I and a representative from my bank had been assured by a rep that they would not do that.

They turned my phone off on April 18 and I called on April 20 to tell them to turn the phones back on or cancel the account because of their mistake. Their records now show that I cancelled on April 18 and they turned the phone off on April 20. They now have both payments posted (One is dated April 2001!) but refuse to drop the 400 dollar early termination fee.

They have refused to accept responsibility for turning my phone off when my account was current.
And they have NOW CHANGED the records to make it look like I cancelled the account BEFORE they turned off my phone.
Every time I call I am transfered several times - no one can tell me a complete payment history and their records are so goofed up they make no sense to them or myself.
They have turned me over to a collection agency.

Tim
Escondid, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2002 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/City-of-Industry-California-91716-9361/Worldcom-Wireless-MCI-Dishonest-fraudulent-ripoff-business-City-of-Industry-California-35752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless