Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Sat, August 17, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, August 17, 2002

• Reported By:Markham IL
Worldcom Wireless
500 Clinton Center Dr. Clinton,, Mississippi U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless ripoff inaccurate billing unresponsive customer dis-service Clinton Mississippi

After contracting for 2 new cellular phones in April 2001, I received my first bill in September 2001 for $114.12 for each account. I paid my bill timely.

In November I received a bill with a past due balance on 1 of my accounts. I began trying to contact customer service to no avail. (By the time I began keeping track in 12/01 thru 3/02 I had placed at least 70 calls and spent over 20 hours on hold - once holding for 20 minutes, I finally hung up)

In the meantime, I sent a note with each bill and payment explaining that my account was not past due and in fact, it appeared that I was due a credit. I requested that someone from customer service call me at home or work. I received no response.

When I was able to get through in 3/01 the customer service rep was of no help. Finally, in 4/02 collections contacted me. Jeannetta Brown refused to help me and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. I continued without success to get the billing problem straightened out.

Service was suspended without notice in June 2002. I spoke to collections supervisor Sean Holian. He was arrogant, condescending, rude and ineffectual. They owed me money and yet I couldn't get service restored or an explantion for their error.

Finally, I found the name and number of an individual at corporate headquarters in MS. I called and faxed her about the problems. Service was restored the following day. However, Worldcom has yet to respond to my concerns regarding their billing errors (which are ongoing), customer dis-service, or how they are going to address the time, expense, humiliation and frustration I encountered in dealing with their mess.

Kathy
Markham, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2002 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/Clinton-Mississippi-39056/Worldcom-Wireless-ripoff-inaccurate-billing-unresponsive-customer-dis-service-Clinton-Miss-27178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless