Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Sat, January 04, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, January 04, 2003

• Reported By:14534 New York
Worldcom Wireless
817 Highland Ave Needham, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless rip-off billing & how to fix Needham Massachusetts

We had similar problems with fraudulent billing as many others have described and went through a year of phone calls, faxes, commitments to credit our account which never happened, etc. Finally, when we were sent to extortion note about the collections company, we decided to escalate.

We had taken detailed notes of every conversation: date and time, person we talked to (with 4 digit extension number id), all of what was discussed, confirmation numbers, departments we taled to, phone numbers we called. We typed up all these notes into a document. I called the Worldcom Wireless collections number and got the physical address of the Executive Escalations department.

I then sent two packages, return receipt: one was to the executive escalations; the other was to the New York State Office of the Attorney General Consumer Protection Bureau.

I provided Worldcom with a copy of my letter to the Att'y Gen'l. In the packages were the notes, copies of the orignal contract and calling plan and previous faxes I had sent. About three weeks later, I got a letter from Worldcom applying a full credit to our remaining balance.

If you believe you're right and can prove it, you should fight and get the state agencies to help you. That's their job.

Malcolm
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2003 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/Needham-Massachusetts/Worldcom-Wireless-rip-off-billing-how-to-fix-Needham-Massachusetts-40086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless