Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Fri, August 23, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, August 23, 2002

• Reported By:Philadelphia PA
Worldcom Wireless
P.O. Box 5211 New York, New York U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless Worldcom Wireless, charged every month for one year for my 200 free minutes, concerns & complaints ignored, service shut off. deceptive company New York New York

Worldcom forwarded the first monthly service bill to me for the month of 7/23/01-8/22/01 -- I never received a phone from Worldcom, nor had it activated until 8/24/01, two days after their first monthly bill to me.

Afterwards, each and every single month I was to receive 320 off-peak minutes, I was only receiving 120 and being charged for the additional 200 promotional minutes, totaling over $60.00 + each month. I made numerous calls, to no avail. Sent letters, with no responses. Five months later, on January 14, 2002, I finally receive a credit in the amount of $248.00 for the months of September-December, and was also advised at that time by Colia, a representative not to pay the bill until next month's bill arrived to make sure that I received my proper credit, she would be taking this matter to her supervisor since at that time, I had been overcharged every month for six months straight and there was no need for this.

Not only did I never hear from a supervisor, I continuously got charged $60.00 + each and every following month for my 200 free minutes, and then January 22, 2002, 7 days after being advised not to pay the bill, they deactivate my service for not paying the inaccurate bills I received every month.

Three months later, April 5, 2002, I receive a DELINQUENT NOTICE/TERMINATION OF MY SERVICE IF I DO NOT PAY THEM. I contacted them and not only advised them of my situation, and that termination took place three months ago, but that I am still owed credit to my account and was getting nowhere. I was advised at that time to write to Janet Fox, Manager, which I did on April 16, 2002.

I never received a response of any sort from Ms. Fox, only three months later, July 2002, which is now six months after deactivation, I receive a bill for the first time for a deactivation fee, still no proper adjustments were made to my account for the outstanding credit owed me. I contacted Worldcom and advised Jennifer, a representative, of my year long problems, where things stood with me and Worldcom, I received no responses or credit, nor would I be paying any deactivation fee, nor any charges for services that I did not have.

If I had to file suit, I was prepared to do so. She then advised me that my file indicated that Ms. Fox did receive my letter only to state: "CUSTOMER IS WRONG", and just left it like that, she never responded and/or attempted to address my complaints and concerns, which are 12 months of overbillings.

I was then advised that I could take this matter up with the Corporate Complaint Headquarters, which I am in the process of doing.

Lisa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2002 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/New-York-New-York-10087-5211/Worldcom-Wireless-Worldcom-Wireless-charged-every-month-for-one-year-for-my-200-free-minu-27763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless