• Report: #19023

• Submitted: Wed, April 17, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, April 17, 2002

• Reported By:Happy Camp CA
Worldcom Wireless
Worldcomwireless.com New York, New York U.S.A.

Worldcom WirelessWorldcom WWorldcom Wireless ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing New York New York

This cell phone was ordered by mistake. Found out later that this cell phone can not be activated in our area. I phoned Worldcom & asked them to cancel my subscripion, which the Customer Rep said they would.

I still received the phone & the very next day I sent it back to Worldcom by Fed Ex, without opening it. I started getting monthly bills. I phoned them again & they said they could not cancel this subscription. I'm still getting billed each month. I've tried many, many times to contact them by phone & have not been able to get through to a customer rep.

I sent them an email, explaining everything. I did receive an email from them & they said if I wanted to cancel, I would be charged $250.00. I wrote back & said "why should I pay for something I don't have"? They responded by saying I signed up for this service over the internet, so I am liable for it.

Companies like this should be shut down immediatly & be fined.

Wayne
Happy Camp, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2002 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/New-York-New-York-10087-5211/Worldcom-WirelessWorldcom-WWorldcom-Wireless-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-New-York-19023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless