Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Tue, August 20, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, August 26, 2002

• Reported By:Beaverton OR
Worldcom Wireless
New York, New York U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless fraudulent billing NO Customer Service Class Action Suit anyone?? New York New York

*Consumer Comment: fed up with people in Illinois Escalation

My husband and I have experienced just about all the problems as reported by others. Slow to recieve and post payments, payments applied to the wrong accounts, phones shutoff for non-payment when Worldcom was the one that lost or misapplied the payments, erroneous charges, billing for deactivation ($250)of service, and finally being turned to collection after they filed for bankruptcy.

My husband received a bill for the final month of service for $400+ dollars when his phone was only active for 6 days because they turned it off. Said we hadn't paid, when in fact we already provided them copies of the cancelled checks! Now we are receiving collection notices from Worldcom AND a collection agency.

I'm seriously interested if anyone else is interested in filing a class action lawsuit against this organization. They are attempting to collect approx $1K from us and we are helpless at this point to avoid it being reported on our credit reports. Wanna take a stand?

Susie
Beaverton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2002 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/New-York-New-York/Worldcom-Wireless-fraudulent-billing-NO-Customer-Service-Class-Action-Suit-anyone-New-Yo-27445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless

fed up with people in Illinois Escalation

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

I am too fed up with Worldcom wireless and also the people in Illinois (Escalation)who have something to do with billing process. I am writing both a letter with all the complaints of the consumers and tell them where to stick it up at. Last time I called MCI and they didn't have a number to escalation. I hope I get my point across and tell the consumer will win this one. Its ashamed the way the phone companies are. I only owe $242.50, so hopefully they won't bother me anymore.