Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, September 02, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, September 02, 2002

• Reported By:Forked River NJ
Worldcom Wireless
POBox259 Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless No service,No phone, No satisfaction, but still racking up the airtime bills ripoff Newark New Jersey

Got a good one for you. Responded to a mail offer for free phone, ordered on March 19th. Received phone March 26th, immediately called to request new phone number. Of course this now renders original assigned number useless and have to wait for new number to be activated, 24-48 hours. Ok, I wait.

First I find out I was never transferred to the tech. dept. to have the new # programmed to my phone. Wait another few days. To make a long story short, I made several phone calls and still had no service as of April 17th. Needless to say, returned phone to point of origin (delivery confirmed April 22). Letters were sent, one packaged with the phone, and a separate one to the customer service dept. in Texas.

After returning home from a two week stay in the hospital with my daughter, I receive a past due/shut off notice. Called on May 24th. Representative assured me he would deactivate my account and reverse the charges. My latest bill for airtime charges is dated August 25th.

Just another note. I had to laugh when I received my first bill. I was being charged for airtime charges for dates before I even received the phone in the mail.

Diana
Forked River, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2002 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/Newark-New-Jersey-07101-0259/Worldcom-Wireless-No-serviceNo-phone-No-satisfaction-but-still-racking-up-the-airtime-b-28778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless