Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Fri, August 30, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, September 02, 2002

• Reported By:Lansing Ill.
Worldcom Wireless
po box 259 . Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless ripoff dishonest Newark New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: State Attorney General

*Consumer Suggestion: MCI Wireless Worldcom

after one year of service was up, i canceled and wanted my phone deactivated. the following month they sent me a bill for 232.08 for deativation charges. they have been calling my work , and we are not allowed personal calls. i want them to stop i ve called and i get nothing solved. i need some help i don t know what to do anymore but i woll not send them money i don t owe .

Elaine
Lansing, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2002 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/Newark-New-Jersey-07101-0259/Worldcom-Wireless-ripoff-dishonest-Newark-New-Jersey-28515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

State Attorney General

AUTHOR: H - ()

I think we should contact our State Attorney General. I'm in California and saw an article:
"Attorney General, Public Utilities Commission Sue MCI in Joint Crackdown to Protect Consumers
Complaint Alleges Slamming, Cramming, False and Misleading Advertising"

After reading it I think it was a lawsuit against Worldcom long distance (land line). I'm going to call general attorney's office next week about their wireless service.

I received a collection letter already so I'm sending a validation letter to the collection agency so that they know I know my rights and that they can't report this to credit reporting agencies.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

MCI Wireless Worldcom

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

I have just one solution to the problem. Maybe everyone send in a money order. It will start a delay in their process even more and when they keep harassing us the consumers just tell them to stop the harassment and see how they like being chewed out. I just finished paying my bill for $242.17 and that better be it. They deactivated my service because the idiots want to make sure that the consumers are paying right up front. Another thing is I wouldn't write a check out. That has everyones info and the bank info as well. If MCI calls people to try to find out and passes to collection threaten them with an attorney. They will start shaking in their boots.