illness

• Submitted: Fri, November 29, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, November 29, 2002

• Reported By:El Dorado Hills CA
Worldcom Wireless
P O Box 259 Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless, MCI ripped off too consumer fraud Newark New Jersey

I've been ripped off by MCI Wireless too. I had two accounts, and from the very first invoice, was charged according to some plan other than the plan I had agreed to. My contract allowed for 250 Peak minutes, and 1000 off-peak, with overtime minutes charged at .30 per minute. MCI billed me according to a plan that allows 250 free anytime minutes, and charges for all minutes above that at .40 per minute.

Every month I would go through the bill and adjust it to the correct plan, demanding MCI make the necessary adjustment. It was next to impossible to contact a customer service rep by phone, but I finally did. I told them to review the contract, and they told me they couldn't find it, and to fax them mine! I did, and received a confirmation from my fax machine, but they claimed they never got it. Then I started sending a copy with every adjusted invoice payment. I even made a spreadsheet showing the overcharge breakdown. When MCI went bankrupt, I signed up with AT&T. I sent in my final adjusted payments with a letter and check indicating "payment in full", but they continue to bill me for the overcharges.

I'm tired of dealing with them, and don't want my credit affected by them. Think of the thousands of people who have paid the overcharges to avoid problems. This irresponsible misuse of corporate power demands a class action suit in response!

Shelley
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2002 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/Newark-New-Jersey-07101/Worldcom-Wireless-MCI-ripped-off-too-consumer-fraud-Newark-New-Jersey-36575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless