Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Submitted: Wed, September 04, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, September 04, 2002

• Reported By:Red Oak TX
Worldcom Wireless
P.O. Box 14197 (only address I have) Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless ripoff fraudulent rip-off business Scottsdale Arizona

My husband and I got phones through his (then) place of employement (MCI/Worldcom) in December of 2000. After I lost my job in January 2001, our finances got tight. By July 2001, I called their customer service number (which apparently was an incorrect number on the one and only bill I had ever received in over 6 months) because our phones had been cut off. I did some research and finally was able to get in touch with the "correct" representatives.

When I talked to them, I asked how much would be required to pay the accounts in full and get the phones turned back on. They gave me a figure over the phone and I paid it (over the phone) and was told that our phones would be turned on within 48 hours.

Two weeks later, the phones had still not been reconnected, so I called and cancelled both accounts since I had absolutely no address to write to (for complaints or any other reason) and we were both tired of getting nothing from this company (except the one un-itemised bill 7 months after the account was started). We were also told that a confirmation would be sent out within 5-7 business days.

Today, 9/4/02, I get two letters (which I had to pick up from my in-laws' address) indicating that we owe $820+ on one account and a letter from a collection agent (named MR. Mason from Professional Credit Services). The collection letter was supposedly for one of the accounts, but no indication which one. This letter also states that they could not reach us at our phone number...funny, I told them over a year ago that I had lost my job and if they had tried to use the phone number provided at the time I first contacted them, they would have been able to at least leave a message (of which there have been none).

How is it possible to be accumulating charges on accounts that had, first of all, been disconnected, and finally closed over a year and 2 months ago? The people are ripoff artists who should not just be delaring bankruptcy, but going out of business entirely! To top it all off...my husband got laid off by this same company (where he worked as a circuit designer) in November 2001. So, with both of us out of work and two kids to support, do these idiots seriously think that because they continue to fabricate charges on a closed account that we would even be ABLE to pay them???!!!

Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2002 11:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/Scottsdale-Arizona-85267-4197/Worldcom-Wireless-ripoff-fraudulent-rip-off-business-Scottsdale-Arizona-29065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless