Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Updated: Thu, December 27, 2001

• Reported By:
Worldcom Wireless
Nationwide U.S.A.

MCI Worldcom Wireless is a fraudulent company--beware! RipOff!

I purchased a cellular phone/service through worldcom wirless in June of 2001. I had not recieved a bill by September, when i called Easyfinder.com (the company I purchase the service through) I was told that they send out bills every 2 months or so. I recieved a bill for 2months service very shortly after that.

I have never recieved a bill since then. Worldcom suspended my service as of Dec 16th. I finally got a hold of them on Dec 18th (their offices aren't open on Sunday) and paid in full the amount owed, $239.78. Since I needed to turn on my phone immediately the rep. I spoke with said that I had to call the accounts dept. She transfered me--after several disconnections/hangups and three days later I finally got the answer of "It takes 48-72 hrs to turn your phone back on." I explained that it had been over 72 hrs--I was told to "hold on" and was disconnected.

Since every time I tried to dial out on my cell ohone I got Cingular I spoke with a manager there and she said that they could not activate my phone, only Worldcom wireless. On Friday the 21st my phone was not activated and I spoke with a very informative rep. from Worldcom and was told that the person who does the switch over was not doing her job, I was not the first complaint of this that he had heard. He said that he would speak to his supervisor and have the phone turned on immediatly.

On dec 27th my phone was STILL not on, I called and was actually transferred to a woman who said that she was a manager. She informed me that the reason my cell phone was still not on was because they were in the process of changing carriers and that she could give me a new phone number in which my cell would be turned on in 24hrs. That wasn't a problem with me until she said that the rate plan I was on was no longer available. I would have to change my service to be $49.99 (which it was before) but that it would include unlimited off peak, 500 min, and 100 bonus min. My old plan had all of the above but also had Unlimited, free long distance. When I asked for a plan that included that she stated that they didn't have any plans that included free long distance. I informed her that they needed to provide me with such service since that is the reason I chose their company over others. She stated that there was none available and that I would have to accept this, if I didn't then my phone would not be reactivated. She also said that to terminate the service would be $200 with a $300 fee for the phone. On my service contract it states $300--not $500.

If you have any suggestions on who I should contact that would be wonderful

If you are interested in a cell phone company DO NOT USE THIS ONE!!! if you have any doubts just look at a 3 year outlook on their stocks--they have taken a HUGH dive!

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on MCI Worldcom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-Wireless/nationwide/MCI-Worldcom-Wireless-is-a-fraudulent-company-beware-RipOff-10053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless