• Report: #19351

• Submitted: Mon, April 22, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, April 22, 2002

• Reported By:Broken Arrow ok
Worldcom Wireless/InPhonic
p o box 5211, new york, New York U.S.A.

Worldcom Wireless InPhonicWorldcom Wireless InPhonic ripoff consumer fraud ripoff new york garden city New York

Offer from InPhonic (email) for Voicestream phone and plan.
I accepted and they came back and said there would be a 500.00 fee/deposit. I then declined their offer and told them I was no longer interested.

I then went to a Voicestream office and purchased phone and plan.
That evening I received an email from InPhonic saying Congratulations!they had sent my phone and the plan was with Worldcom. I immediately contacted them and showed them I declined their offer and told them I did NOT want their phone.

I was told that due to their hurrying to get my phone out they did so without cking my response. I said I did not want the Voicestream plan advertised and would purchase it on my own from VoiceStream. They took it on themselves to send me a Worldcom Phone and plan.

They assured me that I could return phone (which I did) and the charges would be reversed. That was mid January. Since that time we have tried repeatedly to tell them the phone was returned and to stop billing. They do not listen. They are still sending us bills.

They threaten to cut off my service and I told them Go Ahead, I don't have the phone, I never even turned it on!
They said they will charge me a 'fee' for early termination.

How do you stop these idiots? I can't even talk to them without losing my temper. I don't have the phone, I never even turned it on. I advised them I returned it. It is like talking to the wall!

Sue
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2002 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-WirelessInPhonic/new-york-New-York-10087-5211/Worldcom-Wireless-InPhonicWorldcom-Wireless-InPhonic-ripoff-consumer-fraud-ripoff-new-york-19351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom Wireless/InPhonic