Complaint Review: Worldecm

• Reported By: KSM — Afraid of Retaliation Other
Worldecm
, Georgia USA

Worldecm Thomas Thompson Totally Ripped OFF Trion Georgia

*Author of original report: Just Check into this guy before you make a mistake

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This report is not acurate

My experience was exactly like all of the others.  Thompson says he will repair your unit in 3-4 days.  He waits 14 days - until Pay Pal's dispute period has expired, then he calls you and says your unit is beyond repair but for another $100 he can send you a "fully" rebuilt and bench tested unit.

And since he is so nice you send him another $100,  guess what - the World ECM unit is NO GOOD.  I bought another one from the dealership and plugged it in.  The car runs great.  Remove the dealer unit, put World ECM's back in,  Won't even start.  What a ripp off.

I have a professional ASE Master Certified shop and we got ripped off,  I called Thompson and he said that there was some other problem with the car and that he tested / bench tested " every " pin on the ECM and when it left his shop it was working great.  I have talked to several rebuilders and they said no one can test it on a bench.

I sent the World ECM unit to a different rebuilder and they verified that only a couple of Capacitors where replaced and done very unprofessionally. Just enough so that he can tell Pay Pal he did repair it, or he claims he only provided a servcie which is non- disputable. Then he tells Pay Pal that you installed it improperly.  Ask about the " lifetime " warranty and he says NOT on ANY electrical parts.  That's all he sells.

Google World ECM and bring up the Map,  the street view will show his crappy apartment.  Hopefully someone local will go over some day and have a " meeting "  with him and show him the error of his ways.  Until then all I can do is complain and warn people.  I am sure he will just change his company name and address and start ripping off us again.  He did it to me

That's my opinion on World ECM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldecm/Georgia/Worldecm-Thomas-Thompson-Totally-Ripped-OFF-Trion-Georgia-1095476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldecm

Just Check into this guy before you make a mistake

AUTHOR: KSM - ()

If you google him you will find out the truth .  Also look at his " international " address and facilty.  And he does not stand behind his Life time warranty.  he is good at what he does.  Screwing people.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

This report is not acurate

AUTHOR: WorldECM - ()

This report is not accurate or honest!

I have taken the time to work with this customer as I always do with all of my customers I have serviced World Wide. I have customers in nearly every country in the World and that’s why the name World ECM.. The Service I preform is a great program and I have Thousands of satisfied customers many are ASE Certified Mechanics as well as regular Moms and Pop do it yourselfers. I at all times try to save my customers from the dangers of buying junk yard computers that can without warning just fail while driving as I have experienced when my cars computer just failed while I was driving and nearly causing an accident. Way before I ever worked with auto computers I was a customer.. I paid over $400 for a 91 Honda Accord ECM years ago and it came with a 1 year warranty and it lasted exactly 1 yr to the day just about...

I offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY at no extra charge and when a unit is under warranty as this nameless customer indicates, I have to have it shipped back to me to check it over.. 99% of the time it is a customer caused failure... This computer came from a working vehicle. My units nearly never failed and if or when they do it's a long time down the road. I have called back customers from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, years back and they are either still driving just fine or they have sold the car or decided to retire it to a salvage company... I tell them if you ever want to sell the car for parts I want to buy back that computer! They are shocked.. Why not I know my computer are rebuilt using better parts then the manufacturer built them...

To make a long story short and I think I know who this maybe and this guy is miss leading everyone..

They opened a dispute without talking to me first and they have still ignored my request to have it shipped back for me to check it over and make sure it has not been damaged. What this person wants is to get a refund and also keep the unit... What business would do that?? none I have ever heard of..

The Paypal remarks are completely inaccurate... Paypal told them they do not decide in intangible deals. So Paypal would not ever be able to help them... But they are under a LIFETIME WARRANTY so why not send it in for warranty service...

I really think this customer screwed something up and is trying to pressure me to refund them which will not ever happen now that they have posted this false story...

If you need a great reliable and reasonably priced computer module give me a call 1-770-406-6011