• Report: #382073

• Submitted: Thu, October 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By:Sacramento California
Worldmark By Wyndham - Trendwest
http://www.worldmarkbywyndham.com/ Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Worldmark By Wyndham - Trendwest Aggressive lying sales people - unclear about contract explanation - refuses to cancel my membership upon my repeated request. Sacramento California

*Consumer Suggestion: Help to cancel Wyndham Resort contract

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: sorry

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: no

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: thanks

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: thanks

*Consumer Comment: Help

*Consumer Suggestion: Help to cancel Wyndham Resort contract

*Consumer Suggestion: send a letter signature required, return receipt

*Consumer Suggestion: This is who to contact at Wyndham

I am in need of representation concerning a very large very dishonest corporation by the name of Worldmark by Wyndham/Trendwest. The extremely aggressive sales team lied to me blatantly when I questioned them repeatedly about their cancellation policy. Two months ago I was forced to make the decision to cancel my membership with Worldmark by Wyndham/Trendwest due to more important financial obligations that came along. I was told that there is no cancellation of membership allowed. I am to pay what is owed, or be sent to collections. I have since been harassed, threatened, and lied to over the phone and if it takes 5 years and a class-action lawsuit I will see to it that this stops. I have researched a little about what this company is doing to people just like myself.

I have taken the liberty of cancelling my debit card. Unfortunately not in time. They took $99 out of my account this afternoon anyway. I am destitute. I have three jobs that only pay rent. Getting the chance to pay my bills each month is a privilege I haven't had the luxury of doing since I lost my good job 4 months ago. This cannot be legal- I was lied to when I asked exactly what paragraph 15 line 3 meant on my contract. I told them that if I am not able to cancel anytime, I would not be signing on with them. They lied. I am very angry and I want justice.

I also had a situation with the man who called to invite me to the presentation initially. After I made the appointment with him over the phone, he text messaged me several times asking me if I would like to meet him. He called me repeatedly in the following days before my appointment. This is an outrage! Privacy Act?? I cannot believe that people's phone numbers are vulnerable to these recruiters to call and text as they please for dates and casual conversation. This company has another thing coming if they believe their customers and potential customers can be violated this way without repercussions.

I thank you so much for taking the time to read this novel. I do hope that you can help me get together a case against this company. As you know, I have very little money. However, my only goal in this case is to win my right to cancel my membership. I do not expect a refund. I just want out.

Please- any information you might have would be helpful. I can send you a copy of my contract if you would like. The part about cancellation is unclear in the contract. Do I have a case???

Jessica
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2008 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldmark-By-Wyndham-Trendwest/Sacramento-California/Worldmark-By-Wyndham-Trendwest-Aggressive-lying-sales-people-unclear-about-contract-ex-382073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldmark By Wyndham - Trendwest

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hello nibs,

Have you gotten your contract with Wyndham canceled yet? Do you still need help for cancellation?

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

sorry

oh my so sorry, that was taken it is nnibs12

AUTHOR: Jim C - (United States of America)

I sent that to nibs12 at gmail.com, exactly. Can you check spam box? I made no typo though.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

sorry nothing there, nibs12

AUTHOR: Jim C - (United States of America)

nibs, I just send you a initial email to that email address you provided. Please reply.

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

thanks

AUTHOR: nibs - (United States of America)

ok, I did as you said, cannot figure out how to put it after user name so just know that I created as you suggest and it is my user namen(nibs)  then 12, see if that makes sense to you.

nib,

You can first create a gmail account and put your email username after your RipOffReport username 'nib' so I can contact you. Forum is just not a place to discuss strategy against crime.

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

thanks

AUTHOR: nibs - (United States of America)

I would love to discuss this outside of this forum, how do we go about getting each others contact information.  I am happy to give you my email but not sure if you adivise me to do so on this forum.  Please advise.

AUTHOR: Jim C - (United States of America)

In addition to what I commented previously, WorldMark and many other timeshare usually us push sales strategy to make consumer buy their vacation credits in form of "mortgageable timeshare", profitable investment, additional credits, guarantee reservation, and many other promises. They even say they never oversell credit; however all the above and may promises they make are not true. Just be careful on any sales that are "pushy" via demonstration that "requires" immediate decision for/with "bonus" and that requires "contract". They are likely to be scams.

DO NOT EVEN ENGAGE TRANSACTION OF SUCH AND ALWAYS ASK MANY PEOPLE REGARDLESS OF BONUS AND BENEFIT THEY PROMISE.

nibs,

Are you sure you were not given information on how to cancel this WorldMark contract? They should have routinely make customer sign disclosure release telling that you have read that. If you don't remember, try to find all contract that you sign. If they didn't even make you sign it and they can't prove it, you may have stand.

More over, if you have recorded down any kind of evidents such as a copy of email, fax, mailed letters, certified mails, and even phone record, everything helps.

You would also need to jot down what they were mis-representing in detail and what they promised that you don't received.

In order to help you, we need to email each other and not discuss anything in detail on internet forum as they / scammer would spot this discussion and strategically setting up tactics against you and/or any other victims.

Create another email post it in human readable garbled form.

Help

AUTHOR: nibs - (United States of America)

Your response that you finally got out of your points system through Wyndham now gives me some small hope.  We made the grave mistake ourselves in January of this year and have tried multiple times to get a recession of this purchase and our money back. We were not given any information on how to cancel until after the five day cancellation period and our rep who said we can contact him at anytime will not take or return our calls, some emails that went no where.  We also sent a signed registered letter to Vegas as well as the headquarters (Consumer Finance and Ownership) but have not gotten any responses.
How do we proceed, continue to send letter after letter? This whole deal was mis-represented and we did not receive even half of what we were told and are trying to get some satisfaction. Any help would be great, I will continue to send letter as you suggested.  Please respond with help. We contacted BBB, Consumer Affairs and Board of Realtors, so far nothing good has come of our complaints.

#12 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jim C - (United States of America)

I bought Wyndham Resort credits and they told me that I can cancel it in 10 days but later on the phone they said 7 days. When I called them it was around 9 days.

I attempted to cancel it due to their fraudulent practices and was able to cancel it after 6 months via around a dozen of lettering.

I later got all money back.

Do you still need it to cancel?

#13 Consumer Suggestion

send a letter signature required, return receipt

AUTHOR: Pastrychef - (U.S.A.)

as previous rebuttal,
send a letter, signature required, return receipt back to you.

Peggy Frye

also
Dave Herrick
Director of Operations
same address as above

do not forget to cc your Senator, also Congressman with your letter.

Worldmark thinks it is above the law.
Show them you mean business before your Senator contacts them.

#14 Consumer Suggestion

You should contact Peggy Fry, VP of owner Services at Worldmark by Wyndham.
You have a case in small claims. Just document all evidence that you cancelled within 7 days as the contract states. Join 7,000 Worldmark owners who are critical of Wyndham at www.wmowners.com.

Also Worldmark memberships can be purchased 70% off retail from 50 sites including

#15 Consumer Suggestion