Complaint Review: Worldmark By Wyndham

• Submitted: Thu, December 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 07, 2009

• Reported By:Tacoma Washington
Worldmark By Wyndham
9805 Willows Road Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

Worldmark By Worldmark By Wyndham False Sales Promises; will not refund membership fee Redmond Washington

*Author of original report: Thank Heavens for the Better Business Bureau!

*Consumer Suggestion: Customer Satisfaction - Start Writing Letters

During their sales pitch, my wife and I made it clear that we were not interested in their vacations for 5 to ten years when our grandchidren were old enough to enjoy them. We were told that we could accumulate points from year to year for some "super vacations" in later years. I recently learned that points can only be carried over for two years after which we loose them. Somehow, I initialed a clause at the time of purchase that states this and this is obviously my fault for not reading it carefully enough. But the representative knew that we had no intention of using them for at least five years as he was "sneaking" this clause past us somehow. They now have my money and my initials on that clause and, in spite of their claim to being committed to customer satisfaction, will neither allow us to use the points the way we were promised nor refund our money. It appears that they did nothing illegal, just unethical.

Bill
Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2008 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldmark-By-Wyndham/Redmond-Washington-98052/Worldmark-By-Worldmark-By-Wyndham-False-Sales-Promises-will-not-refund-membership-fee-Red-402723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldmark By Wyndham

Thank Heavens for the Better Business Bureau!

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

After getting nowhere with Worldmark's Board of Directors or anybody else associated with this company, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Worldmark still maintained that they had done nothing wrong but in the interests of "good will," refunded my money and canceled the contract.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Customer Satisfaction - Start Writing Letters

AUTHOR: Dr L - (U.S.A.)

Worldmark prides itself on customer satisfaction
( so they claim ).

Send a letter ( registered return receipt ) to:
Peggy Frye
VP, Owner Relatins
Worldmark 9805 Willows Road
Redmond, WA 98052

also cc your senator w/ these unethical policies.
just the dozens of unwanted telemarketing calls and slick bait and switch
is enough to generate government inquiries into worldmark.