Complaint Review: Worldmark by Wyndham

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: mnati2010 — Leesville Louisiana United States of America
Worldmark by Wyndham
6277 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando, Florida United States of America

Worldmark by Wyndham Wyndham Resort Development Corp. Worldmark Preditory Lending Scam Orlando, Florida

*General Comment: You can say no to the sale

*Consumer Suggestion: Worldmark by Wyndham

When I went to a Worldmark brief in 2008 I was a young soldier just back from deployment and was exiting the military and had no source of income lined up. Their aggressive sales tactics worked on me and back in 2008 I signed up with Worldmark by Wyndham for their most expensive timeshare package. The paperwork was rushed through and I did not understand what I was signing up for. I quickly regretted this decision and hurried back to the office within 9 days, I was informed then (for the first time) that I had 7 days to cancel and there was nothing they could do. I had a home loan of 1400 and with my paycheck would be unable to cover the cost of both loans. I signed over my house to the co owner (lost the down payment and percentage buydown) since I was unable to make the payments and defaulted on my worldmark loan. Over the next year I was bombarded with collection calls and tried to get across my inability to pay and barter with the people I was able to talk to. I felt defeated and lost, not having the military backing, being scared from a rough deployment, and being targeted for preditory lending practices. For the last three years I have been avoiding talking or confronting this issue. My temporary lapse in judgemnet has remained a black mark on my record for the last 4 years, because of my debt I am unable to find employment and am unable to pay the debt. Looking back, there is no way I should have been given a loan given that I was soon to be unemployed and had a housing debt. I was lied to and not given all of the information, I am ready to fight back. No more will I be ashamed of this, please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldmark-by-Wyndham/Orlando-Florida-32821/Worldmark-by-Wyndham-Wyndham-Resort-Development-Corp-Worldmark-Preditory-Lending-Scam-Or-1010043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldmark by Wyndham

#1 General Comment

You can say no to the sale

AUTHOR: Zapcomix - ()

I've sat through time share sales pitches and said no. If you buy anything don't expect to be able to return it for a refund. Timeshares can be resold to others. Of course they are trying to get as much money out of you as they can!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Worldmark by Wyndham

AUTHOR: IsabellaP - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to hear you were pressure into signing a contract with Wyndham, these guys have absolutely no shame, they just care about selling timeshares, that's it. You should contact an attorney or a timeshare consultant, i know a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that can give you a free consultation on your matter, this is their website:

(((link redacted)))

you should contact them and see what they have to say about your situation