Complaint Review: Worldpay Credit Card Processing

• Reported By: John — Providence Rhode Island USA
Worldpay Credit Card Processing
600 Morgan Falls Road Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Worldpay Credit Card Processing Issues Never Ending Contracts Atlanta , Georgia

I am writing to all out there that are in business and looking for a credit card processing company. Back in 2005 I signed my company on for credit card processing through RBS Link who recently got bought out by Worldpay.  Today I decided to phone them to shut down my terminal and they advised me that I am on contract with them.  I was very confused seeing it have been 6 years that I have been processing with them (well... RBS LINK). They told me my contract ends next May and that I would have to phone them 90 days before that to cancel the contract or I would have to pay 195.00.  First off, my company is incorporated with a fed id # and they not only have that but they have my personal social security number which none of this is tied to that and If i cancelled or shut down my company that is Incorporated that they would bill out the 195.00 to me.  I think there is something very illegal going on.  I asked them were to send the letter of discontinued service. They said I counldn't send them a letter and that I had to remember to phone them in Feb of Next year!!!!....  How does a phone call prove that I cancelled the service????/  Something fishy is going on with them.  I am so sick of the big co's of the world thinking they are god.  I am currently waiting for a manager to phone me back.  Something is truly wrong with this whole picture.  So just remember to READ all contracts you sign.  I know that when your in the moment and everything is OK we all tend to trust the person giving you the contract and just sign.  From now on I will no matter what I am signing read it in full before signing it, I don't care how much it takes of others time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2011 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldpay-Credit-Card-Processing/Atlanta-Georgia-30350/Worldpay-Credit-Card-Processing-Issues-Never-Ending-Contracts-Atlanta-Georgia-730213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldpay Credit Card Processing