Complaint Review: Worldpay

• Updated: Fri, December 02, 2011

• Reported By: Mark — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
Worldpay
Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Worldpay RBS Worldpay Holding $30K and Wont Release without notice!!! Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Why all the charge backs?

*General Comment: A few quick questions, and a little advice

*Consumer Comment: Get used to it.

I have been using Worldpay since May 2011. For the most part, everything was going ok, until last Friday. I looked at my account and there was NO DEPOSIT. I called and was transferred to the Risk department. They said I had too many chargebacks this month, so they were going to hold around $6000 in a reserve for 30 days even though the chargebacks were already taken out of my account. He assured me no other funds would be held. I reluctantly accepted that.

After the weekend sales event I had, I ran about $25K or more in charges. I check my online statement this morning and there was nothing. I called again and they elevated my account to a secondary risk department. The lady proceeded to tell me that I always have had chargeback since starting business with them, but every single one of them was taken care of and even recharged. There were no issues and I was NEVER EVER warned about excessive chargebacks the whole time.

Now, she said they are closing my account and holding my almost $30K for 6 months. The only way I found out was because I check my accounts daily. If I didn't, they would have let me continue to charge and not pay me. I asked my wasn't I notified and she said we sent you a letter yesterday, so you should get it in a few days. So you hold my money, and can't even pick up the phone and say so? My business will go under without that cash. I have vendors to pay. It's my customer's money. What do I do at this point? Well, the first thing is I am going to warn anyone that considers this place for their credit merchant needs. They have basically put me out of business because now I can't charge cards and I can't get my money. This should be illegal. I am going to contact my lawyer and see if there is something that can be done. If not, I will make it my full time job to see that EVERYONE knows about this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2011 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldpay/Atlanta-Georgia-30350/Worldpay-RBS-Worldpay-Holding-30K-and-Wont-Release-without-notice-Atlanta-Georgia-794123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldpay

Why all the charge backs?

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

If Mark K. at Mission Living Furniture created this report, I find this report on Worldpay very troubling.  A reader of this report should ask, "Why does a furniture dealer have so many charge backs?"

Mission Living Furniture, Fort Worth, Texas was having so many charge backs because they were taking orders for furniture, charging full price for the pieces and not forwarding the orders to the manufacturers.  This is not sour grapes from one disappointed customer, but a pattern of deceptive business practices by Mission Living Furniture.

Since I posted my complaints with on-line review services, several former customers of Mission Living who were swindled in the same fashion have contacted me.  In all of our cases full price was charged and the orders were never passed on to the manufacturer.  On a conference call with our
credit card company, we had to essentially force Mark to do a charge back to get our money back.

Though our entire ordeal that included fabricated stories that our furniture had been made and shipped to the wrong state without a tracking number, no one at Mission Living including Mark ever accepted ANY responsibility.  That is the problem that I have with his complaint about WorldPay:  He takes NO responsibility and continues to blame others.  In this case, I see WorldPay as taking necessary steps to protect their business.

As a small business owner and manager, I am obligated to set the record straight on this report.

I am available to answer questions and to provide information about the other complaints that I have received. I do not stand alone.

John

#2 General Comment

A few quick questions, and a little advice

AUTHOR: U_Can''t_Be_Serious - (United States of America)

By any chance do you own a gas station, or quick service food operation, or other business that does lots o of small ticket transactions? A lot of times people know they can charge back things when they did not sign a receipt. Your best bet is to put video cameras inside your store, and press criminal charges against the people that are trying to steal from you. To do 25K in sales in a weekend is pretty awesome, and shows you are probably a good business person.  I hate this happened to you.  Best of luck, and let us know how things work out for you.

Get used to it.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Chargebacks are viewed dimly by every card processor.    If you're getting continuous chargebacks, you're doing something wrong.    Since the processor is on the hook for any chargebacks, you can expect them to hold higher amounts as your sales grow (and chargebacks continue).

Most businesses do whatever they can to avoid chargebacks for just this reason.    If this is the way you normally operate, I don't think you're going to be very happy with the next card processor you try.

Good luck.