Shakespeare

• Updated: Fri, April 13, 2012

• Reported By: LISA H — charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Worldstrides.org
Charlottesville, VA 22902 Internet United States of America

Worldstrides.org Kristy Proffitt, Nathan Ryder, Lee Wells, Julie EDUCATIONAL TRIPS FRAUD TO SCHOOLS & PARENTS Internet

"This company is a scam. BEWARE PARENTS.
Today, I have filed complaints against this multimillion company with Virginia BBB, Federal Trade Commission and others.

We had the Full Refund Protection for $150 - but they do not honor it.
I signed my daughter up for a trip to DC in Oct 2011 and paid $75--the trip is for May 21, 2012.

I paid nothing else and considered the trip cancelled, knowing they would keep the $75 for cancellation penalty. No Problem.

In MARCH 2012 Julie, one of their reps kept calling me to change my mind and send my daughter on this trip and PAY MORE of the $900 trip fee.
Finally I gave in (they know how to make you feel guilty about not doing everything you can for your child) and gave them $250 on March 21st 2012.
Then I had a medical emergency (retina detachment) March 29 --8 days later....and formally cancelled the trip in writing--that took about 3 attempts of mailing, faxing, calling and emailing then they finally responded that they had 'received' the notice. [continued below]....
.....
They refuse to refund the $250 they took on March 21st. That's a hefty penalty for 8 calendar days of taking my money.
I am very disappointed that my daughters private school works with this company.
MY ADVICE: DO NOT RESPOND TO THEIR ONGOING DIRECT CALLS AND SOLITATION begging you to let your child 'be with ALL of her other friends on this great educational trip"

YOU CAN HUNT ALL OVER THE WEBSITE and good luck finding the fact that you are AUTOMATICALLY enrolled in the Full Refund Program for $150...you will NOT get a refund even if you are in the FULL REFUND PROGRAM. It doesn't matter that THEY SOLICIT YOU to restart the program 6 weeks before the trip.

I am reporting this company to the BBB, State Attorney General and of course to my private school AND EVERY WEBSITE I CAN FIND.
Parents need to protect other Parents.
PARENTS BEWARE. AVOID THIS COMPANY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldstridesorg/internet/Worldstridesorg-Kristy-Proffitt-Nathan-Ryder-Lee-Wells-Julie-EDUCATIONAL-TRIPS-FRAUD-868034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldstrides.org