- Report: #886968
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Worldwide American Travel AKA American Travel LLC
Worldwide American Travel AKA American Travel LLC5380 W. 34th. St. #164 Internet United States of America
Worldwide American Travel AKA American Travel LLC Wayne Williams, Mike Gonzales BEWARE, SENIORS AND VACATION LOVERS, BEWARE! These people advertise economical travel packages and then, AFTER making youe deposet and BEFORE booking anything they raise the price bar, Internet
*Author of original report: Worldwide americantravel.com
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
----- Original Message -----
From: Blair ****
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 10:48 AM
Subject: Mike Gonzales vacation travel
Greetings Mr. Gonzales This is to inform you that I am cancelling the vacation travel plans I have been attempting to arrange with you for the following reasons:
1. On or about 12/17/2011 I responded to a FAX offering 4 day 3 night all inclusive with R/T/ airfare vacation packages for $149.98 per person. Cabo San Lucas was my preference. I spoke with your sales person, Jason#177. The package was to cost $300.00 + booking fee $135.00 which I subsequently paid. An additional fee of $115.00 would be required to be paid at the hotel upon departure for taxes and related travel fees for a grand total of $553.00. I agreed to this amount on a recording and was told I would receive a voucher packet in the mail.
2. After waiting about 3 weeks I called and spoke to Jason who then arranged for the packet to be sent as it had not arrived.
3. The packet finally arrived from Mexico VIP Holidays with voucher #4442, package code OFL-5680 and instructions on how to proceed.
4. I sent them the required information and waited. I finally called them and spoke to Adriana and we began communicating by e-mail. They requested a $98.00 booking fee.
5. I had paid a $135.00 booking fee to you so Jason told me to contact Customer service to get it cleared up. I contacted Wayne Williams on 2/21/2012. He assured me that this was not unusual and he would arrange a refund of the $98.00 to be sent out by mail.
6. With this assurance I paid the $98.00 second booking fee to Mexico VIP by C.C. To date no refund check has arrived.
7. On 3/22/2012 I received an e-mail from MexicoVIP requesting an additional $594.00 for security, departure fees and transfers.
8. I called Wayne to inquire about the $98.00 refund and question this other charge. He said he would look into it and call me back. I have not been able to reach him or yourself by phone nor leave a message since.
9.Now the package I bought for $553.00 has increased in price to $1130.00 with no hotel reservations or flights booked. Who can guess what other charges will be appearing?
10. For theses reasons I will have to cancel my travel plans and request a refund of the $533.00 I have paid, less the $70.00 cancellation fee I was told would apply for a total refund of $463.00. I appreciate you prompt attention to this matter.
April 4, 2012
For Mike or Wayne, Over the last few days I have tried to call your customer service number 12 times with no response. This e-mail has been sent several times with no answer. Looks like your company is a complete rip-off and will be treated as such. You have no customer service. You are in violation of interstate commerce laws as well as being liars and will be treated as such. Time for Small Claims Court filling. Blair, 75 Yr. old senior on fixed income. Oregon House CA.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldwide-American-Travel-AKA-American-Travel-LLC/internet/Worldwide-American-Travel-AKA-American-Travel-LLC-Wayne-Williams-Mike-Gonzales-BEWARE-886968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.