Complaint Review: Worldwide Destination Services

• Updated: Tue, October 05, 2010

• Reported By: CHansen — Largo Florida United States of America
Worldwide Destination Services
206 S Hoover Blvd Ste 120 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Worldwide Destination Services Leisure Services LLC Company has not honored their 365 day guarantee by providing us with a refund. Tampa, Florida

My complaint is that I requested a refund and they keep making excuses rather than providing my refund.

Timeline 2/27/10 -We attended a group meeting to receive a "complimentary" cruise and learn about their services.  We bought into the program.  We paid $4247 and also $29.95 for the months of April, May, June & July 2010.  We booked and stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Orlando, FL from 7/31/10 - 8/7/10 to try the service.  We mailed a request for a refund of $3997 which they received 8/14/10 via certified mail.  Their contract that we signed along with mgr Donna Dowers stated we would be entitled to a 365 day guaranteed refund of $3997 & it would take 10-14 business days to receive reimbursement from the date they can verify our payments once we request a refund.  We received a letter from WWD Tania Palacios mgr dated 8/26/10 that we would receive a refund of $3997 within 6-8 weeks.  Our access to the website for members was blocked.  We received a letter dated 9/7/10 from Scott Carey, business director, that they "are unable to refund our money" "postpone your refund indefinitely"  "respectfully ask for your indulgence" They also said later in the letter that they intend to provide a refund & they'd like us to call John to activate for us a "free, lifetime membership." On 9/27/10 I spoke to Tania Palacios. Tania said our login should now work, 90 days from Scott's letter we should receive a refund, the company's money is tied up due to account vendor changes & she will have Scott Carey call me to see if he would approve for us to get a partial refund now as a show of good faith on their part.  She thought the refund being in installments was a good idea and that Scott would probably go for it.  On 9/24/10 I called and their phone recording stated they are unavailable due to updates for maintenance.  On 9/27/10 I called & still the phone isn't allowing me to speak to anyone but provides an emergency number for members.  I called & left a message but no one called back (813-384-8513).  I also drove to their office on Hoover Blvd.  The door was locked, their sign was gone & when I looked through the tinted windows it looked like the room had been stripped down to bare furnishings.  On 10/1/10 I called and the phone prompt said the company is Leisure Services.  Their website also said both Leisure Services and Worldwide Destination Services and provided a new address for them on N Dale Mabry, Tampa.  On 10/4/10 I called & spoke to Tania.  She stated she didn't remember ever talking to me before, that they are now Leisure Services and they are not in charge of any refunds for when the company was called Worldwide Destination Services & that we will receive paperwork from WWD for further assistance with a refund within 1-2 weeks.  I feel as though I'm getting the run around.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2010 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldwide-Destination-Services/Tampa-Florida-33609/Worldwide-Destination-Services-Leisure-Services-LLC-Company-has-not-honored-their-365-day-647856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldwide Destination Services