Complaint Review: Worldwide Readers Inc

• Updated: Wed, July 20, 2011

• Reported By: Diane — Newark Delaware United States of America
Worldwide Readers Inc
6655 W Jewell Ave, Ste 101 Lakewood, Colorado United States of America

Worldwide Readers Inc Was sold magazines for $135.00 via Door-to-Door Lakewood, Colorado

On May 20, 2011, a saleswoman came to my home and caught me at a weak moment to say she was part of an organization that assisted people who were down on their luck and needed someone to assist them in getting jobs.  She would help with job interviewing and resumes.  I fell prey to this and round up giving her $135 for magazines that would in turn help her to get points for this organization.  Needless to say, I have a cashed check stamped from the Bank of America, Gig Harbor, WA for Worldwide Readers, Inc (Acct 29910918, Deposit Only) but I do not have any magazines.  I went on the internet to do some researching and low and behold, I found Worldwide Readers Inc as being a scam.  I had hoped otherwise, but I don't seem to be able to find a legitmate phone number for them with my magazine subscription.  I don't mind helping people but only legitimately.  I hope something can be done about this, if only to warn others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2011 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldwide-Readers-Inc/Lakewood-Colorado-80232-7108/Worldwide-Readers-Inc-Was-sold-magazines-for-13500-via-Door-to-Door-Lakewood-Colorado-755792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldwide Readers Inc