Complaint Review: Worldwide Rebates

• Updated: Fri, December 04, 2009

• Reported By: Matthew — Seattle Washington United States of America
Worldwide Rebates

Worldwide Rebates Rebate promised in 8-10 weeks. It has been 13 weeks. Internet

I sent rebate documentation to Worldwide Rebates based on a hard drive I purchased at ZipZoomFly.com. The documentation was sent in August, and September 4, 2009 I received an email stating that my rebate was approved.

I was promised that I would receive my rebate card within 8-10 weeks. After 10 weeks had passed, I emailed Worldwide Rebates Customer Service (customerservice@help.worldwiderebate.com).

Andrew replied stating that:

"Your payment should be sent out this week" (The email subject line contained #8796-152484256-6537 and my rebate tracking number is 7318424854415645)

I waited an additional week, and their site still does not indicate that my rebate has been mailed out. At this point it has been 12 weeks since my rebate was approved. I emailed them again and heard back from Josh:

"Your claim has been escalated to the finance department and your payment is processing for issuance..."

I assumed this meant my rebate would be processed in a couple of business days. Now 13 weeks have passed. I have contacted the retailer (ZipZoomFly) to let them know and will also be contacting the hard drive manufacturer (Seagate) to let them know.

It is completely unacceptable that it takes 13 weeks simply to mail off a Visa rebate card after all the documentation has already been accepted. I know if I sent in my rebate 3 weeks late, it would not be accepted whatsoever.

I would like some compensation from Worldwide Rebates for the time and effort I have spent at trying to get my rebate, and for their broken promises and poor service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2009 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldwide-Rebates/internet/Worldwide-Rebates-Rebate-promised-in-8-10-weeks-It-has-been-13-weeks-Internet-533797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldwide Rebates